Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JT

Orvis warranty return

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I have a pair of silver label bootfoot waders with laces that are leaking somewhere in the left boot and the crotch area. I've tried to find the leak but I don't see it. They no longer make this model with the laces and I like the laces. I'm afraid to send them in and have them give me a credit or silver labels without the laces. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to handle this? I've heard about guys having problems with Orvis warranties recently. Should I bring them into the store? Which would mean lugging them into Manhattan on the bus. Or any suggestions on the best way to find the leaks?

Thanks,

JT

I was in your spot. I deal with orvis directly. I found most shops were not really interested in woreking with me so I went to orvis.

When my silver label leaked I called orvis and told them the problem. The girl gave me a full credit (240$) on 3 year old waders towards a new pair of the tailwaters that had just come out.

I cant speak for others but dealing with orvis for me has been an absolute pleasure. No hassles no lies no problems smile.gif

I had exactly the reverse experience. Got a long runaround on the phone from Orvis central customer service and the address of a repair facility and the likelihood that I'd be out some money for repair or upgrade (Silver Label bootfoot).

Without a receipt--and even with the Orvis label cut off (I hate carrying anybody's advertising), I took the waders in to the Boston store. The head of the fishing department said that leaks around both ankle collars and knees shouldn't happen after 2 years. He went to swap 'em out on the spot, couldn't find my size, took my address and 3 or 4 days later, UPS arrived with new (and improved) replacement Silver Labels.

The net is the same; satisfaction with the Orvis warranty. But in my case, face to face with a clear explanation of time of use and my maintenance habits carried the day. Let us know what happens.

Your service at an Orvis store will vary from place to place. The one in Greenvale, LI is excellent. When the suspender buckle on my Silver Label waders snapped, I took a good look, decided that it was cheaply made and was going to be a recurring problem, so I decided to upgrade to Pro Guides. The Silver Labels were already patched. I received a credit (in full for the original price of the SLs) towards the higher ticket item, plus the use of a brand new pair of Silver Labels for the 10 days it took for my Pro Guides to come in on order.

What they'll probably do for you is credit the price of the Silver Labels towards a pair of Tailwaters, since that's the comparable model to your old SL Hikers. Or do a straight swap for a pair of bootfoots.