Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Squarepants

Braving the night wind

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Happy Holidays. Yes, this is my first post on this board. Tomorrow being my birthday, I managed to get free to do some fishing. It looks like I may be in for some rough breezes tonight. Any suggestions as to choice of tackle to toss on nights like this? I've been just finally getting used to the night shift (for stripers, that is), but I haven't had to face much in the way of weather. Mostly, I've been having success with bombers and similar plugs, again only on relatively calm nights. Is anyone else even going out tonight?

If you are fishing Jersey the wind will be at your back so it should not be a problem, as a matter of fact you should be able to whip those bombers out there a mile smile.gif Welcome aboard, good luck & dress warm!

Squarepants, Welcome aboard. What areas do you fish in general? Then we can give you a little help.

I just got in from a few hours of frozen fingers. I had 2 fat 25 inchers in Monmouth Beach area on bombers and I saw quite a few fish break water. I traveled the coastline south all the way to BayHead, but I caught a very bad tide. It was dead low and the heavy west wind had the water out and kept it out. I know there were some good catches in the Bayhead area earlier today, but I didn't raise a fish. If you go out tonight, stick with the swimmers (bombers, megabaits yozuris etc. and if you like rubber eels, they work too.) No problem casting anything with that wind. Good Luck Keep warm.

First of all... I like to welcome you!

Well, I am going fishing tonight but the winds (NNW 25 knts) is not considered calm by any means!

I have a few places where the wind will be on my back and with the right tide... I should do just fine. wink.gif I plan to toss some plastic shad bodies and bucktails and work it really close to the bottom!

If you are going tonight - dress warm because it's gonna blow where you are!

Tight Lines!

"Crazy" Alberto

Welcome SQPTS!! I would not be able to make it through the week without Sponge Bob, Patrick and Squidward.

Also, check out Tim's Bronco Jackets in the "online store". Somehow, he always, I mean always, has the lowest prices on the BEST equipment and clothing.