Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richs

ambassador antibacklash buy 1, get1

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

That is an excellent deal. I have a 5600AB it was about $100 when I got it 3 years ago and I believe they are still about that. The only problem I have had is a worn levelwind which I guess is normal considering the amount of time I put on the reel. However, I don't find the antibacklash that useful. If you are used to throwing a baitcasting reel it is pretty useless. It might be good for someone who is just learning to use one but the AB mechanism really inhibits casting distance. I bypass the Antibacklash and run the line straight thru the level wind.

I saw the same add I think. Only certain models. I wrote their web site to find out more info on it and they said they had no knowledge of the offer and asked where did i see it. When I asked originally I told them it was in On The Water Mag. so I guess the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Do me a favor guys , let me know if this buy 1 get 1 is for real. The only reason I could see them doing this is because they were discontinuing the reel, which I don't believe they are.

Jan. On the Water Mag.

jan 1 through April 30

purchase any Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Anti-backlash reel (3bb from $99.99) or Abu Garcia CD6 (6bb from $99.99) or CD4 (4bb from 69.99) spinning reel and you'll get one free.

Buyer Beware - 50% off is alot for the manufacturer to offer - Why aren't these reels selling?

Give Red Top a call. They are an authorized Abu dealer and I'm sure any of the staff can respond to your questions. If not, Liz or Don will gladly get on the line and answer your concerns. Red Tops' telephone number is in their ad which is also in the same OTW issue. Joe G

I got the coupon in the mail today.

It came from a company called "Pure Fishing"

Basically it's a mail in deal, you buy a 4600ab,4601ab,5600ab,5601ab,6500ab,6501ab from any retailer and mail in the upc code along with the receipt to abu-garcia and they will send you a free reel.

I'm gonna try it...

Pure fishing is the owner of abu ,mitchel , fenwick ,johnson and berkeley and spider cast and a host of other fishing related equipment . I wouldnt buy a ab reel from what ive heard they are not the best abus ever made .

I can't believe that they are making that offer. I wonder why? I have a 5600AB and I like the reel alot, have fished it hard in fresh and have also used it in the bay for weakies, 3 years and all I have replaced is the pawl which was about $3 including shipping. I find the antibacklash mechanism rather useless, but I suppose if you were fishing in a tough wind it may be handy as insurance, otherwise it just inhibits casting distance. I would jump on that deal if I were in the market for another.

[This message has been edited by BassAssasin (edited 01-12-2001).]