Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker

Returning after 25 years of fishing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I have been reading and learning from SOL for the past 2 months. I just moved back to MA after 25 years in the Pacific Northwest. Back in my early years my Dad (now 77) would fish the Canal, Poponesset Beach and Pleasant Bay. It has been about 10 years since my Dad and I have fished. In my Dad's excitment of me finally moving home he ran out and bought two rods and waders for the two of us. Dusted off the old tackle bag from the seventies in the attic filled with metals and Gibbs plugs in the original red boxes. Much to my surprize my Dad also purchased an "over sand" permit for Nauset Beach. The two of us are going to spend sometime fishing together out on Nauset. I know plenty of hot spots north of Seattle and up in the sound but the Cape is all new. Could or would any of you possibly point the two of us in the proper direction for Nauset and/or any other good spots on the Cape we could try over the next few months.

If you ever get the chance to fish the Pacific Northwest give it a try....what a thrill....

Thanks....the site is great for learning.....

Welcome back. It's cool to see your dad so enthusiastic (be sure to thank him for the waders and rods wink.gif ) It seems you might be gearing up for what my be the time of the year come fall. smile.gif