Footgear Question

Rate this topic

Gilbey

I mostly wear sock foot waders and nothing beats a pair of Model's clearance football hightops. ($15.00/pair). High enough to keep out sand and gravel, ankle support, knobby rubber sole for traction on slippery stuff and cost is right.

Duct tape at the top if its realy crashing surf.

Sawed the nubs off one pair, ripped out the insole and bolted corkers to the bottom with stainless flathead bolts and locknuts. Put in a set of Hawk Insoles with some aquaseal to hold it in place and "voila" no more trying to tie korkers over sneakers.

For me in the summer, it's plain old sneakers, no socks and a pair of shorts or bathing suit. Waders are way to hot on those summer nights and when the sneakers fill up with sand it only takes a few seconds to dump them out. smile.gif

I tried a pair of hiking boots but they seem to fill up with sand faster than the sneakers, so it was back to the basics. biggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Dubs

AKA: Charlie

I use breathable Goretex waders in the summer. Most of my summer fishing is in the middle of the night and on backwater flats and banks where the gnats (noseeums, or "all teeth as we call them biggrin.gif) are too numerous for wet wading. When you get out of the water you would be one big itch!!!!

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

DaveC <0))))))))))))><