Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brewroom

Shooting at Virginia Tech

Rate this topic

143 posts in this topic

View PostJust trying to make a buck and sell some papers, just like me n you.

yeah but sometimes peoples feelings are more important than Dollars.

Theres such things as integrity, ethics, morality and compassion - all of which should be valued above the $$$ on occasions like this.

I am sure that if it was your kid that got blown away and it was your doorstep they were sitting, you wouldn't be concerned about their ability to make a buck.

such hypocrisy.frown.gif

GB

yeah but sometimes peoples feelings are more important than Dollars.

People pay money to watch this stuff and to read about it and to hear about it. You're right, but they are just doing their customers' bidding.

I get accused of trivializing journalists all the time here. I submit that they do it themselves, not me.

All this "4th branch of government" stuff is not accurate. It is a lame excuse for people not to pay attention to their elected officials themselves.

Who needs anti-American terrorists when we have people like this shooter around ? What causes this to happen? what p!ssed off this kid to push him to this point? GF dumped him? other kids make fun of him? he was a senior - an English major, did he have trouble communicating?

God Bless all of these students and parents - what a pure tragedy crying.gif.

I had to turn off the news yesterday morning when the reports started and I was devastated when later at night I heard the total tragic aftermath.

I will hug my kids more heart.gif and continue to teach by example to spread peace & kindness in anyway we can. I will talk to them , laugh with them, share their pain and mine so that we can deal with this world of ours in healthy constructive ways. We all are but mere humans, we must build & cherish our love of LIFE from conception to natural death.

I pray this is an isolated incident but I am afraid it is not - I am afraid that this is a result of mean kids, mean parents, mean teachers, dis-interested staff. Time will tell as this story unfolds.

This is not a gun control issue IMHO. This is a human emotional issue or the lack thereof. Lack of love & peace and just lack of kindness. Too much hate, apathy, indifference, & despair.

The MOST ironic thing of all is that this morning when I decided to read this thread is that the google advert at the bottom of my screen was for "Civilian Ballistic Vests" :-o

I am sad, very very sad. crying.gif

V.

View Post

I pray this is an isolated incident but I am afraid it is not .

sadly not.

from the BBC website.

The BBC News website charts the history of gun violence in US schools.

April 2007: At least 32 people are killed in two shooting incidents in the campus of Virginia Tech university in Virginia.

October 2006: A 32-year-old gunman shoots dead at least five girls at an Amish school in Pennsylvania, before killing himself

September 2006: Gunman in Colorado shoots and fatally wounds a teenage schoolgirl, then kills himself; two days later a teenager kills the headteacher of a school in Cazenovia, Wisconsin

November 2005: Student in Tennessee shoots dead an assistant principal and wounds two other administrators

March 2005: Minnesota schoolboy kills nine, then shoots himself

May 2004: Four people injured in shooting at a school in Maryland

April 2003: Teenager shoots dead head-teacher at a Pennsylvania school, then kills himself

March 2001: Pupil opens fire at a school in California, killing two students

February 2000: Six-year-old girl shot dead by classmate in Michigan

November 1999: Thirteen-year-old girl shot dead by a classmate in New Mexico

May 1999: Student injures six pupils in shoot-out in Georgia

April 1999: Two teenagers shoot dead 12 students and a teacher before killing themselves at Columbine School in Colorado

June 1998: Two adults hurt in shooting by teenage student at high school in Virginia

May 1998: Fifteen-year-old boy shoots himself in the head after taking a girl hostage

May 1998: Fifteen-year-old shoots dead two students in school cafeteria in Oregon

April 1998: Fourteen-year-old shoots dead a teacher and wounds two students in Pennsylvania

March 1998: Two boys, 11 and 13, kill four girls and a teacher in Arkansas

December 1997: Fourteen-year-old boy kills three students in Kentucky

GB

View PostGF dumped him?

Someone said this was teh cause on teh radio this AM, I have NO CLUe if this is the case. Allegedly he shot her & the guy she left him for first.

Why doesnt' this happen in other country? Because their studeents are too busy throwign rocks at tanks.

I have not looked at every post but I had taken a look at many of them and the one topic that I don"™t think was mentioned was the media stirring up the question, "why was there not a campus lock down?" or "why is a lockdown not part of campus security plans?"

What do you all think?

View PostWhy are we the only country in the world that has these types of killings?

Oh, yeah!

Our stupid gun laws!

Very simple. Because we are the only country that has every Nationality living in it's borders. And with that we get every other countries sicko's, wacko's, nut jobs, and the "we don't want 'ems anymore" types.

We get other countries, beliefs, values systems, Ideologies and attitudes.

We have it all in one big melting pot. This is what America is all about.

But along with the good, comes the knuckleheads.

God watch over and protect the families of these fallen students, and true Americans.