Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
triptheanchor

"M" Motels ?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Hi all!!! Just looking for a little help on finding a motel in the Montauk area. I will be making a trip in Sept. for few days and Im sure some of you have a few ideas. And if you have any fishing tips..... wink.gif

There are several right in town as you drive into town running the gamut from nice to nasty. I've stayed in about a half dozen different places. East Deck in Ditch plains east of town is right on the beach which is nice and a lot of surfcasters stay there. I also like the culloden house which is up near the harbor on the west side of the inlet.. That was one of the cleaner ones of stayed at.

Trip -

The Lido, in town, is very surfcaster friendly.

The striper club I was a member of has used the East Deck for years for club trips.

Also check out M's Chamber of Commerce web page.

Hooky wink.gif

How about places to camp? Is there anywhere out that way to pitch a tent?

I've never been out there, so I really don't have any idea whether or not this is a possibility...

I've stayed at a couple rat holes in the town, but if you're thinking of the fall check out the Montauk Manor. The prices are not much more than the rat holes and the hotel is a 1920's style tudor gem. If I go to Montauk this fall that's where I'll stay this year. Just do a google search under Montauk Manor for their rates.

Mattb -

Yes, Hither Hill State Park. From ya' tent, if ya' can spit high enough to clear the dune you'll hit the ocean. biggrin.gif

Check NYS Parks web page for details:

nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/

or

Hither Hills SP @ tel. no. 631-668-2554

Hooky wink.gif

Our Striper Club usually stays at the "Sands". We're a group of 20 - 25 usually and they put up with us just fine. They are kitchenettes. Located right in town and close to everything (ie... food). Average priced for the area (ie... bend over wink.gif ) .

The Lido is my favorite. I used to pick a room right off the main lot, that way when I walk out of my room at 2AM I'm not waking up the entire hotel. Bill at the hotel will also let you use his garden hose to wash down your stuff.

Now I have a Lance so I don't have to worry about this stuff anymore.... biggrin.gif

DarterMan

For the last 12 years I have been staying at the "Montauk Motel" it is located right across the street from the Post office and is a 1 block walk to town, tackle shops, groceries, and the Manhatten bus...

ıt is run by the "nicest guy in th world" named Ralf... a big teddy bear guy... his wife "Claire" seems a bit onry but is actually very sweet once she gets to know ya.... a lovel couple...

They have a special "surfacsters rate" per week... which is the best I have found.. it is clean and safe and not a rat hole... but its not the Hilto either... its a nice warm friendly place where you can chill out... nice heating when it gets cold... and its got a kitchen to cook your catch..

I wouldnt think of going no where else...

Tell them "Dream" sent you.... you'll get a smile!

That is my profesional name in Europe as a writer and thats how most people know me in Montauk by that name as the "Dream"....

So if you ever heard of the guy called Dream" perched on the bluff rocks fishing for 48hours straight without touching the shore ...well now you know who that is... cwm12.gif

How about places to camp? Is there anywhere out that way to pitch a tent?

I've never been out there, so I really don't have any idea whether or not this is a possibility...

If you hang around the Memory Motel Bar long enough you may end up pitching a tent there too tongue.gif

Vacationed w/ my folks while in my teens staying at the Montauk Soundview on the sound in the harbor. Always loved it...close to the boats, a few restaurants, and right on the water. Never stayed anywhere else, except camping at Hither Hills... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ...come to think of it, another round of that is just 'round the corner. icon14.gif