Do YOU like to see fish pictures on this board?

Rate this topic

thill

According to sales rep on the phone today at 11:45 AM, the XL and XXL's are sold out in both colors. I got the last XXL in olive. Probably gonna be way to big, but I figured with layering, perhaps not. If they are, they can be returned. Had my eye on these when they came out, and they mysteriously disappeared off the shelf. Looked into them last fall, and was told they were discontinued due to "lackluster" sales. I guess those Troot fisherpeople have no use for bibs!! biggrin.gif

Friends,

When I catch fish, I personally like to snap a quick photo, and release most of my fish. When I get home, I will typically make a post and include a picture or two representitive of the trip. Sometimes they are little, sometimes big, but these posts chronicle the trip.

A number of people complain about the picture posts. I know that some are joking, but some, I believe are serious.

So tell me, how do YOU feel about fishing reports that include pictures?

Here is how I typically think of it: This is a fishing board, filled more or less with friends who all love fishing. Just like you proudly show your friends fishing pictures after a trip, so too, here. It is not a matter of bragging, but more of keeping a running record of what, when, where and how. Also, pictures help keep things honest.

I've heard some say to only take pictures of especially big fish, while others say pictures should be representative of the trip, while others say NO PICTURES are good pictures.

So... what do you think of this matter, and WHY? This should be an interesting topic.

Thanks for your replies!

TH

PS - There is no right or wrong answer, by the way! Please feel free to express yourself! No one should criticize another for their opinion on this matter.

Thill,

Keep the pictures coming they validate a good day fishing. Big or small makes no difference to me. I know I get a bang out of every fish I catch, I hope that others do also. Isn't that what fishing is all about?

Tight lines to all. biggrin.gifwink.gif

its all about da fishes...

Thill- I can't imsgine that anyone is serious about criticizing your pics on this board. I've jokingly complained about it (ie "you're killin' me"), but believe me, I need to see a couple fish (even if they aint mine) right about now, it's been a looong winter. Keep 'em comin, sir!!biggrin.gif

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

Tony as one of the ones who voiced some objection in the past I will say I dont mind one or two. But I agree with Bill 1 or 2 is great, but when it gets more than that, it really slows the thread down.....that was my biggest objeciton biggrin.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Understand totally by understanding totality. -- ACIM