Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

SurfTalk time and DST issues

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Here's the scoop:

If the board time is not correct for you since DST went into effect, it is because your computer is telling it that DST is not yet in effect. It's a few weeks earlier this year - some operating systems are not patched or upgraded to recognize this change. So no matter how we set the DST settings in your profile or on this server, those settings are going to be overruled by your PC's DST settings every time you login.

The solution:

1. Double click on the clock on your PC - then click "Time Zone" - make sure the box is checked that says "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings".

2. Now click the "Date and Time" tab of the same window - at the bottom of that tab is should say "Current Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time".

If it doesn't say that...it's wrong...and your computer is telling SurfTalk that it's not presently DST ever time you login smile.gif

Please respond to this thread if you are having problems with the DST thing so we can get it worked out.

TimS

In case anyones computer is like mine, and Microsoft won't let you install patches because they don't like some of the other software you have installed.....This is how I adjusted the "Date & Time Options" to make the time on the site correct. Change it to "GMT -4" and make sure to set the DST corrections to "always off", otherwise you'll go from an hour slow to an hour fast. cwm13.gif

View PostIn case anyones computer is like mine, and Microsoft won't let you install patches because they don't like some of the other software you have installed

LOL...that's Capper's way of saying "if your Micro$oft software is pirated/hacked" cwm27.gif

Thanks Capper, that info should be helpful...I'm sure ya aren't the only one that failed the "Genuine Micro$oft" tests they do before you do those upgrades icon25.gif

TimS

View PostLOL...that's Capper's way of saying "if your Micro$oft software is pirated/hacked" cwm27.gif

Thanks Capper, that info should be helpful...I'm sure ya aren't the only one that failed the "Genuine Micro$oft" tests they do before you do those upgrades icon25.gif

TimS

Actually...........My Microsoft software is legit, (at least my copy of Windows is). wink.gif

It's the software that allows me to crack "copy protected" CD's/DVD's and create virtual ROM drives, that Microsoft doesn't like.