Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chigger

Passing duolocks through the guides?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

i do it all teh time....have fuji nsg guides on 2 of teh rods i do it with...hasent hurt anything..YET..i probably will end up breaking a guide..but i reel though slowly and havent had a problem yet....i only do it so i dont end up with a fluffball on my reel..i always retie before fishing again

View PostI keep a loop tied in the main line, attach / detach leader line that has snap on one side swivel on the other. No cutting necessary that way...

TINY perfection loop in the line (shock leader, actually). Open duolock (both ends) and remove. Done.

yep...not a great idea.......trouble is you won't find out you've damaged a guide until your NEXT trip...when this little of balled up shaved mono appears on one of your guides

I usually keep a snap on the end of my line, at the end of the day I unfasten whatever I was using and pull enough line to reach a foot or so past the butt of the rod. Then I just push the standing line through the snap to form a loop, put that loop around the butt end of the rod and wind up the slack. I don't want to crack the ceramic inlays on my rod tip, or have a hook still attached while traveling.

Bob T.

If it's a squeeze to fit it through closed, I open the snap and carefully feed it through. I never, never reel it through, even if it fits with room to spare.