Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnywater

Ribs

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Ok I usually cook my ribs on the bbq- low and slow- a friend told me to try this recipe so I have two nice racks im gonna try tonight.

rub ribbs with your choice of rub-

then wrap tight in tinfoil and bake on 400° for TWO hours

then put on bbq sauce of your choice and bake for another 45 minutes at 400°

Now to me I would think this is WAY overcooking them- I have never cooked ribs in the oven- but cant knock it till i tried it- I will give it a try tonight and let you know how they turned out.

View PostThats sounds a little too high.Maybe 325.

I agree 100%- ribs are in the oven as we speak- will let you know how it comes out.

I let mine go for about 4hrs on the smoker and don't add sauce til the very end. Oven works just fine, too, if you keep the heat low.

I'll never use anything but extra meaty pork ribs... my first tip. Second? Try a mustard vinegar bbq sauce instead of the ketchupy red stuff... Lotsa recipes online, it's simple to make and tastier, imo.

You can do something similar with the country style ribs....my wife does them like this once in a while. Get a disposable tin tray, dump in the ribs, cover with bbq sauce of your choice, cook at 350 for 90 minutes...meat falls off the bone and tastes pretty good. Not quite as good as smoking but its close.

I've done them in the oven a lot with great results. People at my bbq's were in love with them. I dust them with a little flour, paint on a bunch of kc masterpiece, slow cook for 3 hours at 250. then I takethem out and finish them by painting them with more sauce and then either putting them under the broiler for a few minutes or on the grill for a few minutes to crisp things up. They come out great everytime. THese are a wet sauce variety and not dry (smoked dry rub variety) both in my opinion have their strong points and they are both delicious.

Eric

3-2-1 on the smoker... 3hours with a rub on them and keep mopping them with a vinegar, cider, beer sauce.....2 hours with the same mop in the Texas Crutch (wrapped in aluminum foil on the smoker) and the 1 hour with a tomatoe based barbeque sauce on the smoker...YUM!!!!

I usually pull off that clear film on the bone side, simmer in water for 5-10 min to get rid of some of the fat. Then I put it in a glass baking dish, pour on the sauce , cover with foil and bake 325 till tender(about 2-21/2 hrs. I let them cool and refrigerate overnight or freeze some if doing alot. Then just throw on the grill and baste with more sauce. Always comes out falling off the bone tender.

I boil them for bout 15 minutes to get them started, then finish them off on the charcoal for about a hour and ahalf, indirect heat, half hour before they are done i cover them with sauce, let cook for a while flip and re-sauce, then time to bust a gut. Also, pulling off that shiny film on the underside is a pretty important step, just started doin it recently and it make a difference.

View PostI usually pull off that clear film on the bone side, simmer in water for 5-10 min to get rid of some of the fat. Then I put it in a glass baking dish, pour on the sauce , cover with foil and bake 325 till tender(about 2-21/2 hrs. I let them cool and refrigerate overnight or freeze some if doing alot. Then just throw on the grill and baste with more sauce. Always comes out falling off the bone tender.

View PostI boil them for bout 15 minutes to get them started, then finish them off on the charcoal for about a hour and ahalf, indirect heat, half hour before they are done i cover them with sauce, let cook for a while flip and re-sauce, then time to bust a gut. Also, pulling off that shiny film on the underside is a pretty important step, just started doin it recently and it make a difference.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!

Hey if it'sthe rib you like.................