Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJTramcar

Favorite Winter Flounder Setup

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Now that flounder season is almost upon us, what is your favorite setup for winter flounder?

Last year, I used blood worms with tiny yellow grubs and bloodworms. While this was okay, I'd like to do better.

I know water temp, chum, and tide effect the fishing but I was pretty good about going at the correct time.

Store bought rig with a third hook tied at the top swivel. Piece of clam, piece of mussle and a piece of worm. Present all three baits until you see what they want to eat that day, then give it to 'em.

View PostStore bought rig with a third hook tied at the top swivel. Piece of clam, piece of mussle and a piece of worm. Present all three baits until you see what they want to eat that day, then give it to 'em.

I like that. A buffet for the fish.

I like the 4 hooks on the old chum potbiggrin.gif it'll out catch every thing else, and for the fishing Ultra light trout gear and get an old fashioned Plunger attach it to a telescoping paint stick and work the sides of the channels. You can tell when you hit the flounder in the mud it will slid off and then go back and hit it a few more times who ever has a bait near it will get hit.

Dave Sr.

Has anyone had any success with the Gulp clam and mussel cut into small pieces for flounder? They do not seem very flexible to me.

I use a three hook setup with a red corkie by each hook. The red is a great attractor for both flounder and WC perch. As for type of bait, sand shrimp with rubber band, kelp worm, clam part all work well. I like the ones which stay on the best but let the fish decide. Moving the rig bit by bit is also a help.

View Post The red is a great attractor for both flounder and WC perch. Moving the rig bit by bit is also a help.
Just got some of these. Did well with white/pink too.