Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyByNight

Drinking on your boat?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

This can be a controversial point, but I have a rule on my boat that dates back to the early years of the Navy. No bottles can be uncorked until the sun is over the yardarm. Unfortunately, my mutinous first mate, Sam, is quick to point out that the sun is coming up over the yardarm somewhere in world.

I don't encourage it, but I find it can be unavoidable depending on the crew/passengers. I try to limit myself, very rarely will I partake, and only if conditions warrant (ie. calm day=weekday, and not too many other boats out). I'd prefer it back on the dock when I don't have to worry about myself, but more importantly when I don't have to worry about others, meaning others who are drinking.

I have a little 19 fter I take out occasionally..

I will not be responsible for someone getting drunk an falling over I am all about the fishing when I go out.U wanna drink u stay at the dock.

Plain an simple..

View PostI don't drink on my boat, but if my buddies want to bring some beer its fine with me. We'd all rather fish than booze up anyway. icon14.gif

This was our general rule as well.

You never fished on my boat that"™s for sure. Some people are responsible drinkers and can handle them selves accordingly. I"™m more then willing to take responsibilities for my actions. But I don"™t feel I should be harassed and penalized for others actions.

I carry a gun and have been shooting since I was 5yrs old. Should I be arrested for murder now or should they wait and see if I actually shoot someone first?

Why not nip this in the bud. Don"™t let people have kids. This way we can prevent them from being A Holes in the future.

Fishing time = no suds

Operating time = no suds

Make the river (return from the day's events) = crew suds

Anchor hits the sand for the night = Porter/stout, Highland single malt and fish dinner.