Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kid dynamite

Check This Out

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

they aren't ....i could barely even take a pic w/o them moving around....they were released 15 sec after they were caughtsmile.gif ....i would like to have some stripers in the futureheadscratch.gif

View Postthey aren't why in the he// would i kill baby stripersmad.gif ....i could barely even take a pic w/o them moving around....they were released 15 sec after they were caughtsmile.gif ....i'm not that cruel to kill baby stripersmad.gif ...i would like to have some stripers in the futureheadscratch.gif

calm downcwm27.gif

Holy Crap! Those must be only a few months old,i thought those guys were found only inside the bay.Are these proof of the year round ocean population or Stripers i have heard about?Anyone have an idea how old those little buggers are?

I hope you don't count those as "stripers you caught in the surf this year"wink.gif

Juvenile stripers have always been found in the surf during the winter months and spring. Though there seems to be more and more in the last ten years. I hope it is a sign of a larger population rather than a sign that the delta/ bay is not able to provide enough food for these fish. I would also suggest forget any more pictures of these babies to all, Thankfully the surf still holds abundant food for these small fish. Treat them with care, release them fast and without much handling. .

View PostHoly Crap! Those must be only a few months old,i thought those guys were found only inside the bay.Are these proof of the year round ocean population or Stripers i have heard about?Anyone have an idea how old those little buggers are?

They are < 1 year. A 12-13" striper is 1 year or less, a 14-16" striper are 2 years and a 17-20" fish are in th three year class.