Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seal

Site time?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Is the time that shows up on this site affected by my computer, or is the clock here incorrect? headscratch.gif

I appear to have the time zone set correctly, but the clock at the bottom is an hour slow.

it looks like it is off by an hour ...

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.

and if i'm not mistaken that time is on the server, nuttin you can do about it headscratch.gif

I'm up in Vermont skiing & just logged in on a hotel computer to reply ...

....thier settings just applied DST headscratch.gif

... now I can post ...

...I got to church this morning just in time to see everybody leaving.

but now my watch is right.

So what's the deal with this thing? smile.gif

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.
Mine looks good. Did you downlaod the patch for DST like stated previously?

View Post
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Mine looks good. Did you downlaod the patch for DST like stated previously?

Your clock is set to the Atlantic time zone...........It should be set for Eastern time. wink.gif

The patch from the other thread was for MS Office Outlook, but I followed a link on the page to other Windows DST patches and it requires SP2. Microsoft won't let me install SP2 unless I uninstall Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. rolleyes.gif

I'm not particularly interested in any of Microsoft's "fixes" to begin with, considering the continued problems I have that were caused by previous updates. All of there "quick fixes" that eff up my computer then require all kinds of registry edits and safe mode BS that I don't want to deal with, especially considering their ominous warnings that "doing these edits may cause your computer to explode and burn down your house" (I'm paraphrasing here).

But anyway, that's why I started this second thread. To see if it was my computer or the server. smile.gif

View Post

But anyway, that's why I started this second thread. To see if it was my computer or the server. smile.gif

The time shown below this thread, right now, says 6:27PM - my PC clock right now says 6:27PM -- I'm not sure what time yer PC clock says bucktooth.gif

smile.gif

TimS

My setting are the same as yours. I checked before I asked about the updates wink.gif

Date & Time Options

Time ZoneAll timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below. (GMT -12:00) Eniwetok, Kwajalein (GMT -11:00) Midway Island, Samoa (GMT -10:00) Hawaii (GMT -9:00) Alaska (GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (GMT -7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada) (GMT -6:00) Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima (GMT -4:00) Atlantic Time (Canada), Caracas, La Paz (GMT -3:30) Newfoundland (GMT -3:00) Brazil, Buenos Aires, Georgetown (GMT -2:00) Mid-Atlantic (GMT -1:00 hour) Azores, Cape Verde Islands (GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca (GMT +1:00 hour) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris (GMT +2:00) Kaliningrad, South Africa (GMT +3:00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg (GMT +3:30) Tehran (GMT +4:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Baku, Tbilisi (GMT +4:30) Kabul (GMT +5:00) Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent (GMT +5:30) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi (GMT +6:00) Almaty, Dhaka, Colombo (GMT +7:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta (GMT +8:00) Beijing, Perth, Singapore, Hong Kong (GMT +9:00) Tokyo, Seoul, Osaka, Sapporo, Yakutsk (GMT +9:30) Adelaide, Darwin (GMT +10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Vladivostok (GMT +11:00) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia (GMT +12:00) Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka Time Zone: In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world. Automatically detect DST settings DST corrections always on DST corrections always off DST Correction Option: Start of the WeekDifferent parts of the world traditionally use a different day as the start of the week. Select the appropriate day for your region here, in order to have the calendar appear correctly. Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Start of the Week:

View PostWell they are the same but for some reason it didn't post like your did. redface.gif

I was just going by your previous post.....

View Post