technologist

Plug builder- tony spina

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Jimmy I have the opportunity to purchase some of his plugs for a reasonable price are they time tested plugs or just plugs? I just fish, not collect!

Tony was the previous owner of Lex Lures. I have not bought/touched any of the plugs he has made since he sold Lex Lures, but the plugs he built during Lex were a very good value for the dollar.

I met Tony 2 years ago at the Asbury Flea Market. A gentleman to say the least. And a plug building master.

Bernzy

Charlie K who's out of town at the moment used to be partners with Tony with Driftwood lures.

I knew Tony back in the days of my lobster fishing in NJ, ask any of the old time shark river gang about tony and listen to the stories cwm31.gifbiggrin.gif . Like the time he gillnetted a great white and tried to run away from it on the boat, he made it to the bow and now what cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif . Only guy i knew that could make lobster pots out of oak picture frame material cwm13.gif. He's a great guy and a genius at inventing stuff out of nothing. I think he used to have a fly tying class/meeting at his house ?? Go for his plugs they got to be killers !!!

The guy would give you the shirt off his back, He truely loves what he does. Tony knows more about plug making than anyone. It cost him more to make the plugs than what he sells them for. You can get a wood plug that catches fish for $5. Stop buy and see the guy at the Asbury show He is the grandfather of plug making!

View PostI think he used to have a fly tying class/meeting at his house ??

Special deal, last chance for quality calves tails !!

Love that story cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony at the Berkeley show and he gave me a plug. Very nice guy. He was selling a wide variety of wood plugs for $5.00 a piece. Can't beat that.biggrin.gif