Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robraz

Scotty Pippen is broke!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

just amazes me that guys with this kind of money can blow it all. how do you throw millions away like that? and now at 41 he wants to play pro ball????? he thinks he can be an asset to a team? ridiculous

Dont forget Kareem , Tony Dorsett, Evander almost bit the bullit too. Darryl Strawberry is another classic and L.T.

Is that the reason why he's coming back? I kept hearing that he wanted to play ball again but didn't think it was because he is broke. Thats a lot of money to spend.

Broke to them and broke to us are two different things. Perhaps LT, Straw and the rest of those morons that blew millions don't have the dough to support the lifestyle they are accustomed to but they are living better than most of society, include OJ in that group also. I can't even feel bad for them, they still can make money off their name and fame, just not as much as they once did or wish. Too bad, welcome to a little dose of reality.

Mike Tyson was never good with money or the ladies. I could never figure that out, seemed like such a nice, smart feller...icon14.gif

I believe it was a business deal gone bad. Your really can't spend the type of money athletes have and go broke. You can be swindled either by don king types or bad business deals.

I heard Pippen was swindled by some financial advisor. He also tried to start some type of private jet company that went bad too, cost him $5 million. I don't understand why you wouldn't just put your money into sound investments and live rich the rest of your life. He must still be jealous of Jordan and his success. Mike Tyson made Don King rich and not much money for himself. Don King robs these guys blind. I'll never forget hearing Buster Douglas saying on Howard Stern that of the $25 million purse for the Tyson rematch he got less than $1 million after paying taxes, Don King, trainers, and everybody else involved in boxing.

not that it explains it all..but I have heard that golfers and boxers get taxed well over 50% cause the earnings are considered winnings..just like the lottery etc?

If you make- adjusted gross income more than $87,000- that makes you in the Top 5% income bracket in the country and much like golfers, Bill gates-etc you are taxed at about the same percentage rate. They pay more and they maybe able to hide more but the % rate is the same.

By the way upper 10% is about $67,000- shocking is it? here I am thinking the upper 10% was more like hundreds of thousands. Also for every tax dollar collected 72 cents of it comes from the upper 10% income.

You may have to drill down a bit but all this information came from the IRS website.

Look at Shaq:

I remember where he spent $10,000.00 on lottery tickets.........with the kind of contract money they gave him............these are the same neighborhood bums that excell at sports, sooooooooooooo and were given big money to play.........doesn't mean they have any brains..........obviously.