Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

My wife is a toughie

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Wifey left for a show this morning in Bermuda. Just got a call, she is back in Boston. Plane lost cabin pressure, everyone had to go on O2. She calls from another airline desk where she is trying to get back on a plane!

My heart just sank into my gutcwm31.gif

Mine called this morning looking for the winning lotto numbers. Seems I left the tickets lying around. I wouldn't tell her in fear that we won and I'd arrive home tonight to an empty house and a note telling me to go eff myself left on the counter. cwm27.gif

JW...hope she arrives safe.

That sucks. I was on a plane where the air conditioning unit overheated and started spitting out smoke. Every woman and a few men on board started screaming.

Man I had Delta mega cool guy vip frequent flyer for ten or eleven years straight(based out of ATL so I flew Delta almost exclusively). My miles were super high. I never once even had my bags lost, nevr had any real problems at all. Never sat on the tarmac for hours, just nothing! I had a red eye cancel on me one year ago and was stuck overnite in SLC, that is the most problem I have ever had. Just lucky, but it still cracks me up!

I was on a puddle jumper from Chicago to St. Louis with my girlfriend years ago. We were cruising and all of a sudden, the plane drops massive altitude, so much so that everyone yelled and it felt like we were going down. My girlfriend and I grabbed each other. We both felt like we were going to pass out. After a few seconds, the plane levels out. The captain gets on the intercom and tells us that another aircraft was out of it's flight path and he had to make an evasive manuever to avoid a possible collission. Ever since then I HATE flying.cwm31.gif

But hey, I took some ativan for my flight to Japan last summer and no problemo.cwm12.gif

Well she got a MEAL VOUCHER!!!!!!

Damn near kill a customer, lunch on them. Beat that

'Coupon??? My daughter almost die and you give me coupon??? mad.gif '

Coming back from our honeymoon in Hawaii, our plane lost an engine(translation: huge fireball, drop in altitude cwm31.gif) over the Pacific shortly after takeoff. It was a 747. We still had 3 so I was relatively calm, however my wife, who is terrified of flying, was in a panic. The pilot circles, dumps the fuel, and we land safely back in Honolulu on a runway surrounded by emergency vehicles. It's 8:30pm. The airport is all but shut down at that point. I realize that if we don't immediatly get back on a plane and fly out that night, my wife will never fly again and we'll be spending the next 2 weeks by boat and train to get back home. Long story short, we line up 3 flights to get home. As unnerving as it was, it was also quit healing. From what I've heard from a few pilot friends, if that would have happend during takeoff it may have been a totally different outcome. angel.gif Statistically its safer to fly with me as I've been near an almost air disaster. cwm27.gif I was also supposed to fly home from Sedona on 9/11 with my 15 month old son and pregnant wife...but thats another epic all together.

glad shes ok...

march 2002, barely 6 months after 9/11 and we're on the runway at Logan about to take off for florida. the captain powers up the engines and starts to move down the runway when there is a loud "pop" and the plane violently shudders to a stop...seems a plastic bag got sucked into one of the engines and caused the engine to stall...captain comes on the intercom, tells us everything is fine and were heading back to the terminal to get on a new plane. fortunately, the actual flight to florida was uneventful.

My wife will never fly Delta again. Last summer she and my 2yr old son were flying back from Ft. Lauderdale to Boston when the plane lost an engine and had to land in Virginia. They landed safely and told the passengers that they had to stay on the plane while they had mechanics look at the engine. The flight took off at 7:30pm and was supposed to get into Boston around 11pm. Ended up that they couldn't fix the plane and didn't have another one available so all the passengers had to spend the night in the terminal. Well this was when you couldn't bring any liquids on the plane so there was nothing to drink or eat (terminal vendors were closed) and my wife only had two bottles of milk for my son. They did finally arrive in Boston at 11am the next morning and all Delta offered was a $50 voucher towards a future ticket purchase. My wife was PISSED to say the least. I was just glad that they made it home safely.

was it a shoes show ?

nothing comes between a woman and new shoes .....

glad she was fine about it. wink.gif