Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Food Fling Eats Thread......

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

For discussion, and posting of requests for recipes.

First, a big THANK YOU to all the folks that brought the eats and helped to make the Fling a resounding success. Also, a big THANK YOU to those that helped out in the kitchen, both in getting stuff prepped, hot, and cooked, and also for helping to leave the place cleaner (Sudsy, Robraz, among others) than when I found it (I'll be sending the Pine Beach Firehouse the bill for the maid service.....wink.gif)

Have a long list of stuff that was brought.....these are from the sheets that were filled out and placed next to the fare, and also a few that I remember.....am sure there was some stuff that I will miss, but here goes, in no particular order:

Sudsy - Seafood Paella

Fillet & Release - Jambalya

Gary Caputi - Smoked Wild Alaskan Salmon

Peter O - Kielbasa and Kraut

Ben Lippen - Firehouse Chili (this was the FIRST empty pot I brought back into the kitchen.....wink.gif)

Steve in Mass - New England Clam Chowder

John M - Porkroll and Cheese Sandwiches

Canyon Diver - Thai Beef Sate with Peanut Sauce on the Side

Acrylic Painter - Toll House Cookies

The Derfs - Bourbon Balls (? - I somehow missed these, and can't read your writing.....redface.gif)

Mrs. C. Regalis - Sandcastle Cake and Seashell Muffins

MikeMc - Venison Chile

Kings Over Queens - Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

Surf-n-Horns - Chili (this label is still COVERED in some of the chili......so it must have been so good that they couldn't spoon it out fast enough!.....wink.gif)

Mike McG - Pasta Salad

JKlett - Beef and Vegetable Soup

Cabo - Lasagna

Steve in Mass - Shrimp and Macaroni Salad

Bob T - Cool Mint and Hot Pepper Fudge

Mullet Miller's StepMom - Devil's Food Cake with Butter Cream Icing

Bob T - Soft Pretels

Fish'nmagician - Pecan Bars

Mike Y and Family - Ceasar Salad, Pesto (and some pasta that I must have not gotten a tag from.)

Arby - (I have no idea, becases it must have been so good that the tag got slopped upon and stuck together....best I can make out is Potat.........)

Other things I don't have tags for but I know were there.....

Anchorman - Stuffed Cabbage

Bob E - Soft Pretzels

SodaJerk - Home-made Ice Cream with the Fixin's

Digger - Pickled Green Tomatoes, Garlic, and Jalepeno Peppers

Brewroom - Some of The World's Best Beer

Home-made Bailey's Irish Cream made by ????

Burgers, Dogs, Rolls, Condiments supplied by various folks (Robraz, Tammy, BS4Shore, John M, among, I am sure, others)

Fresh Keilbasa and GOOD Rye bread that I found on the counter late in the day and cooked up as the auction was almost over......not sure who brought that - Ed from Rahway perhaps?

Some Spiced hard pretzels that I didn't get to try until very late, but Diane (Glub's sweetie) and I agreed were OUTSTANDING, and I don't know who brought them.

Chips, Pretzels, Soda, Water supplied by various folks.

Other Cakes and Cookies supplied by various folks.

Am sure that there is more stuff I missed, and maybe some of it will come to mind as I think more about it, but that's a start of a list, anyway.

Again, thanks to all that filled our bellies.....icon14.gifsmile.gif

the food was the best ever-and those tomatoes on the bar...awesome-had digger send me the recipe

ty to everyone for the fixinsclapping.gifclapping.gif

What I want to know is what fisherpeople have against Squash Soup? Is it because it's orange? cwm13.gif

If my wife and I were ther Mike, she would of had some. headscratch.gif

Orange soup??

Butternut squash are orange, hence, orange soup.

It turned out a little thin (to my taste) but still good, yet, went untouched. cwm13.gif

Next year I'm making something deep fried and smothered in cheese for these knuckleheads. moon.gif

Steve, the NE Clam Chowder was exceptional this year! icon14.gif

Also, Soda Jerk is my HERO. Swamp Thing = heart.gif

I know why its orange, my wife has made it a couple times, I wont touch it...orange soup??

She loves Moonstruck also.

I know why its orange, my wife has made it a couple times, I wont touch it...orange soup??

She loves Moonstruck also.

Smart woman your wife, but I don't know what she see's in you. I think she could have done much better. wink.gif

Steve, the NE Clam Chowder was exceptional this year! icon14.gif

Also, Soda Jerk is my HERO. Swamp Thing = heart.gif

Glad ya liked it Ron...smile.gif...I was worried that it was a bit thinner than I would have liked it, but evidently, it went over well, cause the pot was empty other than about a cupful that ended up in Sudsy's bag to bring home....

Smart woman your wife, but I don't know what she see's in you. I think she could have done much better. wink.gif

I agree..i tell her that all the time.

Glad ya liked it Ron...smile.gif...I was worried that it was a bit thinner than I would have liked it, but evidently, it went over well, cause the pot was empty other than about a cupful that ended up in Sudsy's bag to bring home....

Go ahead...rub it in ya bastage. cwm13.gif

the food was the best ever-and those tomatoes on the bar...awesome-had digger send me the recipe

ty to everyone for the fixinsclapping.gifclapping.gif

I'll second that! and would LOVEdrool.gif to have that tomato recipe as wellicon14.gif

Yes, the tomatoes and garlic were very good.....as were the jalepenos (once I could taste again after eating one of them.......it only took about half an hour.....eek.gif ).....after chowing down on one of them, I went back in the kitchen, and was TRYING to talk with someone (I forget who), and I just couldn't, trying to catch my breath....eek.gif..........

Fortunately, the next morning, they weren't as hot, um, how can I put this, coming out, as I feared they might be......wink.gif

The Derfs - Bourbon Balls (? - I somehow missed these, and can't read your writing.....)

yup , bourbon balls ...

my writing is bad !!! that was deb's writing argue.gif

we have been together over 25 years and i still need to have it translated beatin.gif