Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie M

Pics!

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Here's a sample of some plugs I call mini's that are gonna be given to SRSA for their trout tournament. I think its a great event, so I thought I would take the time to make something different than my normal staple. I have been making these plugs in very limited quantities for me and my friends to beat up on the lmb's. I like them best in the middle of the night in the summer. I like hearing lmb's go pop pop smack before you feel them. Keeps ya on your toes. biggrin.gif

They are about made of western red cedar, 2 3/4" long and 1 1/8" in diameter at its girth. Stays on top with lots of wake. Bass seem to really key in on he wake, but getting it a foot or so below the surface and then letting it rise back up to the surface and letting it sit there can be deadly too.

Minis1.jpg

In a boulder field in four feet of water on a dropping tide ..... or fishing down current along an old river bed on the outflow in a estuary... on the outer curve of the drop off and popping off the sand bar into a rip...

or or or very nice contribution CM clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Nice looking stuff! I bet those move some water with those dimensions and the bouyancy of WRC. Like a vertically (or in this case, horizontally) challenged Danny.

...Bass seem to really key in on he wake...

Ooooo...trailer time!!!!

Awesome - the Choopy lures 8 ga. slug plug.....That western red is some wicked buoyant stuff, eh? I love the action of that wood.

Thanks fer sharing those - Neat!

Wow, very nice Charlie, those are hot...or as they say,

Ésos son realmente agradables, y son lindos y pequeños y cogerán pescados