Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Arra 1205 vs Arra 1322

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

All i used last yr for pencils was a xra 1322.I handled the 1205 it has a totally different action its faster with a stiffer tip.This is kinda scary when it comes to braid an plugs.

as NIB said, the 1205 has a faster action from the 1322, which is 1 piece not 2 piece. the 1322 is more of a moderate fast, where as the 1205 is slightly faster. by comparison, the GSB-series from lamiglas is moderate in action.

the 1322 is probably one of the best pencil popper rods available from lamiglas, but the gsb1201m and gsb1321m are also excellent pencil popper rods. you do not want a fast action rod for pencil popping. the 1205 is one of the best pure plugging rods for anything from 1 oz to 3.5 ounce. it can handle a little more, but you start to lose power when casting. the 1322 can handle about the same lure range. last year lamiglas took 1.5 ounces off the top end of the 1205's lure range on factory rods, which is closer to it's true and actual power rating. in my opinion, the 1322 should have a top end of about 4 ounces as well.

an 11' rod can get tiring throwing all day/night long. 1' less can surprisingly make a difference, especially in some wind. but, pencils seem to work better w/ 11' rods. just some things to consider. and, as mentioned, check out the gsb-series as well.

Mr. Basser,

Now that we are committed to Sea Bass and Tog fishing we can save a bundle and buy all rods and reels at Benny's. That gives me more for gas in the new ride.

We can use old discarded line we find at the Canal, and old spark plugs for sinkers.

Todd Man

View Postany thoughts on the 1322-2

Not a fan of 2 pc rods myself.If I had to drive a sedan I would have rod holders in the back seat an holes in the roof..