Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobber

Shark Hunters on TV........

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

just watched the OLN/VERSUS program on tv- I can't get over what a lying be-otch GEORGE BERNARD is. he is a disgrace- and better yet- a licensed CHARTER CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!! these guys are lcearly alcoholics, liars and out of control. and best of all they had the b@lls to call themselves "Team Jersey Cape" like they're representin' er somethin.....

sickening- makes me ashamed to be a fisherman, let alone from Jersey

the episode shows teams form the east and west coast, vying for bragging rights and a million bucks grand prize for the biggest sharks. there are minimum sizes, and only makos and threshers count for points. fish under the minimum size can be released for additional points....

these guys are all HAMMEREDupck.gif while fishing, including some naked fishingbeatin.gif , and drinking hard liquor to wash down the beer. As far as fishing goes, they do manage to somehow hook a mako, but vilolate tournament rules by handing off the rod to another angler after the hook-up. later, the fish is confirmed as too small, so they call it in as "a release" to get the points. when they still come up short, they falsely call in an additional catch, and then show up at the dock with the original small fish- claiming it as a second fish caught. somehow, they get it measured by a non-tournament official, and its said to be legal-sizedheadscratch.gif (?). then then attempt to cut the fish up before anyone can get a good look at the fish, (and it is weighed as an apparently short fish).

heres the best part- ALL OF THIS IS CAPTURED ON FILM. this idiot then goes on camera to deny any wrongdoing- the camera shows them trying to "stretch" the fish out, and joking about getting past the judges at weigh-in.......

its almost too unbelievable to be true- these drunk dunkeys with all their beer-muscles and BS are just repugnant to watch. and the "captain" is on film saying he's a respectable guy with a charter bsuiness who'd never doi anything wrong (but in the next breath says he'll "do what it takes" to win)

so there- now ya know whats got me all fired up on ths wintry nightredface.gif

the episode shows teams form the east and west coast, vying for bragging rights and a million bucks grand prize for the biggest sharks. there are minimum sizes, and only makos and threshers count for points. fish under the minimum size can be released for additional points....

these guys are all HAMMEREDupck.gifwhile fishing, including some naked fishingbeatin.gif , and drinking hard liquor to wash down the beer. As far as fishing goes, they do manage to somehow hook a mako, but vilolate tournament rules by handing off the rod to another angler after the hook-up. later, the fish is confirmed as too small, so they call it in as "a release" to get the points. when they still come up short, they falsely call in an additional catch, and then show up at the dock with the original small fish- claiming it as a second fish caught. somehow, they get it measured by a non-tournament official, and its said to be legal-sizedheadscratch.gif (?). then then attempt to cut the fish up before anyone can get a good look at the fish, (and it is weighed as an apparently short fish).

heres the best part- ALL OF THIS IS CAPTURED ON FILM. this idiot then goes on camera to deny any wrongdoing- the camera shows them trying to "stretch" the fish out, and joking about getting past the judges at weigh-in.......

its almost too unbelievable to be true- these drunk dunkeys with all their beer-muscles and BS are just repugnant to watch. and the "captain" is on film saying he's a respectable guy with a charter bsuiness who'd never doi anything wrong (but in the next breath says he'll "do what it takes" to win)

so there- now ya know whats got me all fired up on ths wintry nightredface.gif

I watched some of this show but my little bro was playing GAMEBOY AVADANCEmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifso, i coud not hear!!naughty.gifnaughty.gifnaughty.gif

That entire team was piss drunkcwm27.gifcwm27.gif naked fishingcwm31.gifcwm31.gif guys going overboardbiggrin.gif very funny

Then camera kid rats them out for cheating. So funnytongue.gif

I watched it once. When I saw all those gaffs digging into those fish, I turned it off and never looked back. A**holes. all of them.

Chris

I watched the show for the first time tonight. I have to say I loved watching the fights and cheered for the shark. When I saw the hooks they used on these fish... it turned me off. I have never fished for shark but if that"™s how it"™s done I'll pass. Then we wonder why activists go nuts on anglers. I fish and I was repulsed by what I saw, I wonder what tree hugger Bob is gonna think. I bet that show will be pulled off the air.

If your gonna have a show where guys fish for Shark and use meat hooks on live fish the least they can do is get responsible fishermen on the show. I wonder what the Shark fishing community has to say about that show.

We need a Striper show!

Come on man, what makes you pulling some fish by its mouth with treble hooks so much better. Everyone is so hyper sensitive about everything these days I hope fishing w/ hooks will be legal in 30 years.

there are plenty of striper shows on that channel, all the big names of hit em. but NOT ONE nailed a fish over 25 inches, which made me chuckle.. they're all too busy advertising everything.. got to love roland martin... "well folks its pretty sunny out today and i never leave home without my xxx sunblock gel super smelly jelly"

Hi Bassnass,

Look buddy I'm not trying to say it shouldn't be done. Lets face it Shark is a big fish and a hell of a fight. All I was saying is its not for me. I guess also the fact that the show itself didn't seem to educate the viewer or show more respect for sport. Like some where saying guys where getting drunk and acting like fools. I guess if a was to see it done by someone that wasn't such an A$$ I'd watch more of it. Mind you not all teams where a bunch of dumbA$$. Just a point of view.

Cheers

i think they were placed into the competition to create drama.. i really enjoyed watching them fight the sharks and would have liked for it be a catch and release tourney... but still they didnt throw any meat away or put a dead shark in the ocean like you say..

there are plenty of striper shows on that channel, all the big names of hit em. but NOT ONE nailed a fish over 25 inches, which made me chuckle.. they're all too busy advertising everything.. got to love roland martin... "well folks its pretty sunny out today and i never leave home without my xxx sunblock gel super smelly jelly"

I serioulsy can't stand watching him. I watched an episode on "on demand" of him fishing for stripers in a lake out west and he didn't stop advertising his equipment(even things he wasn't using!)! His wife was advertising thier trolling motor while he was advertising his tackle boxes, and "roland martin" prototype rod, and AY-BOO Garcia Reel. I want to watch fishing, not a constant commercial! Oh yea....he also advertised his boga grip, I think he uses it because he is too afraid to get the "slime" on himself. He said he uses it to protect the fish, yet he doesnt mind throwing them 20 feet out into the water beatin.gif ...im done, thank you! confused.gifcwm12.gifconfused.gif

"Then we wonder why activists go nuts on anglers."

Make no mistake. There are people out there who think our beloved sport is "barbaric and inhumane", and would like nothing more to make the whole world a MPA. A show like this gives them plenty of ammunition.

On the other hand, IMO in my opinion people watch shows for the wierd things that will possibly happen. Could you imagine an episode of "The Osbournes" where someone is not drunk, stupid, or screaming at someone else? So producers sometimes try to create overly dramatic scenarios. In the above show, sounds like they just let things unfold naturally, but I agree it portrays sportsmen in a bad light. - Dark