Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

Places People Shouldn't Be Allowed to Panhandle

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

No kiddin. Bad placement.

Po folks like us eat at Burger King.

Go to some place with "Chez" in the name, those people have money.

No... right there standing at the corner, 2 feet from my car, staring at me, looking into my car at me, making faces, asking me for money.

Can't a person just go to freaking Burger King through the drive through anymore in the city without getting freaking panhandled? Sick of it.

... the drive through window at Burger King, dammit.

that's just wrong.

Yeah...McDonalds is a better venue for thatcwm12.gif All kidding aside, they do seem to be everywhere now and they're using more gimmicks than the old 'do you have a dime' line. Not all that long ago, Someone who I didn't know if he was a panhandler or something worse tried to extort money from me in the subway He's lucky he didn't get kicked in the nards because he pretended that he was a police officer and actually grabbed my arm as he said that I had broke some law and I had to go with him. I think the look I gave him along with the explanation that he had one chance to let go (he was a small guy thankfullyredface.gif ) put him off. I don't know why I let him go or didn't report him at the time...because in hindsight, if he's impersonating an officer and having people follow him to who knows where, who knows how dangerous he could be?

Just to get to Dave's shop in the city, I probably have to go through about 40 stop lights. And yup, there's a panhandler at EVERY light, walking up and down knocking on your windows with their hands out... then you get to Dave's shop in the city and check real close before you get outta your car and call him on the phone to unlock the door for you before you get out because of the FREAKS down there... some guy stopped in front of the shop today while I was there and preached to the empty building....

I know I know, I sound cruel... but dammit, these are all grown men. Aside from being hooked on drugs, they could probably physically work or something and make money. It's my responsibility to pay for their drug habits?? Eff no! That's why I live here... 3000 miles away from some of my family members... got tired of supporting their asses and their habits.

grrrrrrr.mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

SFO was always a pita in that respect in a lot of areas, cant they live off their cookoo checks like most folks

and that's ANOTHER thing.

when the hell do i get MY check for doing nothing?

Its a big beautiful, weird, bizzare world. I love to sit back at take it all in, those cats included.

Tam whats the name of the killer steak house in SFO, its an Italian name and its just outside Chinatown, like 2 blocks to the right of the main gate?

Dunno John... somewhere i should go????

I'm all for sitting back and taking it all in.. but i'm sick of being confronted by it all the time.

No... right there standing at the corner, 2 feet from my car, staring at me, looking into my car at me, making faces, asking me for money.

Can't a person just go to freaking Burger King through the drive through anymore in the city without getting freaking panhandled? Sick of it.

I hope you didn't brake down and give him money.......you just encouraging them to keep it up.....there all over my city....they know everyone has money(except me)so they hang out in our shopping and restaurant district....and aggressively pan handle, then piss and crap in all the business door ways.

I've never been panhandled by an illegal alien (that is, unless maybe they were using American accented voices as a disguise).

I've never been panhandled by an illegal alien (that is, unless maybe they were using American accented voices as a disguise).

The illegals here don't panhandle. They'll stand on the corners and actually WORK for the money you give them.

Just tryin to think of some of the places I have hit when on the road. I worked for years with a producer that had a thing for trying to go to all the best independent Gourmet steakhouses across the USA, and the one in SFO eludes me.

My deal with bums is a bit different, I guess.

I have a way for anyone on the street to get what they need, but they have to take that first step and come to me and to a place where I can be of help.

Beyond that I am in no position to judge them-I damn near was one of them.

I will say this, since I moved to New Hampshire, I have not had a single person try to bum money. When I lived in ATL in Inman Park and Virginia Highlands, it was a daily thing.