Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

Freudian slip?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Lets put it in perspective, shall we? Yes, 3,100 is a lot of guys, in fact, more than the population of some towns I have lived in, (excluding dogs, cats, livestock, squirrels, rabbits, deer, etc.) and my condolences to their family and friends. But this is over what? a 3 or 4 year period? If memory serves, we lost more than 3,100 men per day in WW1, WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam. More people are killed in car crashes every year, than have been killed in this war! Do you propose we stop using the automobile to save lives too?

Also, each and every one of these brave men and women are in the military by CHOICE, unlike the other "conflicts" where there was a draft.

If the U.S. pulls out before the job is finished, what does that tell our enemies? I'll tell you what it tells them: "The U.S. is a paper tiger, makes lots of noise, talks tough, but has no courage - no stamina - can't/won't back up their words, all we have to do is be patient and they will run away with their tail between their legs. We can crash planes into their buildings, he** we can NUKE them and they will not do anything about it."

I pray that the ********s let the Generals do their job, and win this war, instead of micro managing it like they did Viet Nam. (Oh gosh no, ... you can't bomb over this line, or send troops over it either ...") The *********ic controlled Congress running the "war" and not letting the Generals do their job is the only reason we lost.

I support Pres. Bush, I support and respect our troops. There are no finer or braver men and women anywhere in the world. Do you honestly think the world or the Mid East Region would be better of if Sadam was still in power??? Sadam had weapons of mass destruction - he** - he used them on his own people, and in the Iran/Irac war! He was hung for using them against his own people!

As for the charge that we are only there "for the oil." Consider this fact: The U.S. imports less than one percentof our oil from the Mid East. We import the majority of our oil from Argentina, NOT the Mid East! Europe imports the majority of their oil from the Mid East, not the U.S.A.!

Lets put it in perspective, shall we? Yes, 3,100 is a lot of guys, in fact, more than the population of some towns I have lived in, (excluding dogs, cats, livestock, squirrels, rabbits, deer, etc.) and my condolences to their family and friends. But this is over what? a 3 or 4 year period? If memory serves, we lost more than 3,100 men per day in WW1, WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam. More people are killed in car crashes every year, than have been killed in this war! Do you propose we stop using the automobile to save lives too?

Also, each and every one of these brave men and women are in the military by CHOICE, unlike the other "conflicts" where there was a draft.

If the U.S. pulls out before the job is finished, what does that tell our enemies? I'll tell you what it tells them: "The U.S. is a paper tiger, makes lots of noise, talks tough, but has no courage - no stamina - can't/won't back up their words, all we have to do is be patient and they will run away with their tail between their legs. We can crash planes into their buildings, he** we can NUKE them and they will not do anything about it."

I pray that the ********s let the Generals do their job, and win this war, instead of micro managing it like they did Viet Nam. (Oh gosh no, ... you can't bomb over this line, or send troops over it either ...") The *********ic controlled Congress running the "war" and not letting the Generals do their job is the only reason we lost.

I support Pres. Bush, I support and respect our troops. There are no finer or braver men and women anywhere in the world. Do you honestly think the world or the Mid East Region would be better of if Sadam was still in power??? Sadam had weapons of mass destruction - he** - he used them on his own people, and in the Iran/Irac war! He was hung for using them against his own people!

As for the charge that we are only there "for the oil." Consider this fact: The U.S. imports less than one percentof our oil from the Mid East. We import the majority of our oil from Argentina, NOT the Mid East! Europe imports the majority of their oil from the Mid East, not the U.S.A.!

All of which ignores the fact that this particular war was a dumb idea, poorly planned and executed, that was started upon the basis of a deliberate pack of lies.

From a tactical standpoint, the only way to get out of there and still be considered "victorious" would be to decimate the population of the so-called " insurgents".

There will be no honorable end to this conflict.