Floating Needlefish Lures

Rate this topic

EdC

Who makes them? How can you tell? The Gibbs needlefish I have floats, the Habs shorties I have sink like stones. I find it almost impossilble to fish the Habs on top, slow, with a nice v-wake when I have to crank it at pretty moderate to quick speed just to keep it from sinking.

I can't always tell from online ads or the packaging (except here). (As an aside, was going to buy a lure from a tackle shop,the guy was sure that it floated, I was skeptical, we tested in his bait tank, and behold, it sank.cwm27.gif)

Who makes them? How can you tell? The Gibbs needlefish I have floats, the Habs shorties I have sink like stones. I find it almost impossilble to fish the Habs on top, slow, with a nice v-wake when I have to crank it at pretty moderate to quick speed just to keep it from sinking.

I can't always tell from online ads or the packaging (except here). (As an aside, was going to buy a lure from a tackle shop,the guy was sure that it floated, I was skeptical, we tested in his bait tank, and behold, it sank.cwm27.gif)

Mike Fixter heart.gif Needlefish

(*member formerly known as 'Skitterpop')

Habs sink Where the Bigger Fish Are, But Were designed to be Versitle which means you can Fish all depths of the water colume,Cast out Reel in fast till line is tight then with rod held at 11 o clock reel Very Very SLOWWWWWWWW They will stay on top or just below the surface. ..................Floaters Coming. wink.gif In the Last Several years 2 over 60lbs. and Quite a Few over 50lbs stay with it . GOOD LUCK HABS

try the afterhours needles, have the weight of a habs and are technically sinkers but thanks to some neat design tricks a slow retrieve keeps them right on top making not only a wake but a bad ass swaying action that has made them my number 1wink.gif

Wetsuit, what did that fish go? What a beauty!

i like the habs and the 2oz beachmasters more for punching the wind and fishing steep bedrock dropoffswink.gif, for that matter anytime im fishing more then a few feet of water i prefer the SLIGHTLY faster sinking needles that fish was never weighed so ur guess is as good as mine...gots to be honest though i like ur pic more...looks like she swam awayclapping.gif