Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skate Bait

ever think about "just ending it"?

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

I answered no for myself, but I have been affected by suicide just today. Called out to a guy on the highway who the police had chased for 40 miles down 95. The guy decides to stop in my response area and run for it, right into the only fence for miles, they sent in a dog and he shot himself in the head. Went in with the Rescue Company to pronounce the guy, and all I could think of is at 35 years old he had alot of years left. BTW he was pulled over for a traffic violation. I have probably responded to about 10 successful suicides in my career and each one takes alot out of me mentally, I can't even imagine what it does to family and friends. frown.gif

Can't even imagine taking my own life. Incredibly selfish anyway, if you ask me, especially if you have loved ones that depend on you.

That's because you are looking at things logically when you say that.

When someone is feeling like that they do not have the ability to do the same, and blamo.

Originally Posted by StriperzNut

Can't even imagine taking my own life. Incredibly selfish anyway, if you ask me, especially if you have loved ones that depend on you.

If you ever meet someone who is thinking of suicide, just promise me you won't tell them you think it's selfish. Even if you have to lie. It will make them feel worse, and possibly (god forbid) more likely to do it.

Honestly, i find that type of statement self centered and insensitive. Nobody wakes up one day and says, i think i'll just make my life easier by blowing my brains out. It is usually the end of a long and horrible process, often excacerbated by insensitive and uncaring people around them, or people who don't understand what it's like to be depressed.

The plan:

Depress central nervous system

Freeze to death.

Method:

Wait for sustained weather below freezing

Ingest alcohol or heroin in sufficent quantity to ward off effects of cold.

Take a long walk in a real cold place, woods, beach, mountains.

Once sufficently tired or "relaxed" settle in for a little sleepytime.

No muss no fuss and little mess to clean up.

Who want to live forever anyway.

12160.jpg

never thought about ending my physical life....

however, i often think of ending my life as it is right now..

you know, completely dropping out of society and taking a couple bags full of belongings and whatever cash i've got on hand and in the bank and a few fishing poles and disappearing forever down in nicaragua or something...

where i never ever ever ever have to look at another excel spreadsheet for the rest of my life. ever.

Tam, I hear that!

I'm actually thinking about it. I've got my best cuz, and childhood fishing partner, living in Panama. I can see myself NOT in Pa., but I would truly miss SNJ. Business sucks, and I have enough cash to be well off there.

As a teen I went through chit, that I won't talk about, and thought about slammin a tree once or twice, but I did that anyway.......by accident and it didn't kill me, just a few scars that HOTTIES digwink.gif

The last month has been brutal business wise. I either have to change careers again or learn Spanish.............I say Spanish.

No not really. Death comes pretty quick as it is with out any help.

I do understand why people do though.

Being that sometime I like being in control I may think differently if I had terminal cancer, a debilitating disease or something. headscratch.gif .

I wonder how many here are DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) folks and or organ donors? A Topic for another day.

Tam, I hear that!

I'm actually thinking about it. I've got my best cuz, and childhood fishing partner, living in Panama. I can see myself NOT in Pa., but I would truly miss SNJ. Business sucks, and I have enough cash to be well off there.

As a teen I went through chit, that I won't talk about, and thought about slammin a tree once or twice, but I did that anyway.......by accident and it didn't kill me, just a few scars that HOTTIES digwink.gif

The last month has been brutal business wise. I either have to change careers again or learn Spanish.............I say Spanish.

I have a cabin and land in S.A. on the Pacific. I did not post moving back to S.A. in my poll but this is weighing heavily for me and it may be what I do.

Age 16, standing on the train platform at the Essex Street stop. MBTA train pulling into station, a voice in my head says "Just one step forward and no more problems." Luckily a lot more voices in the head said "what the hell are you nuts" and I started taking steps back away from the edge of the platform. I do not know if it counts because it was only for a fleeting second and I have never wanted to do it again.

chile, lets go. My favorite trip ever was SA............paradise! Is that gay? Are you a HOTTIEtongue.gif I'm going out...........see ya! If I type anything more (today or early AM) there were no hotties out tonight. Cold and Hotties DO NOT MIXredface.gif

Age 16, standing on the train platform at the Essex Street stop. MBTA train pulling into station, a voice in my head says "Just one step forward and no more problems." Luckily a lot more voices in the head said "what the hell are you nuts" and I started taking steps back away from the edge of the platform. I do not know if it counts because it was only for a fleeting second and I have never wanted to do it again.

That's a surprisingly common phenomenon. Also can appear as a thought about how easy it would be to just steer your car into a tree or something like that. It is fleeting, just like you describe, and not related to depression or other mental illness, and has a shrink name but i forgot it. It is different than what the shrinks call "suicidal ideation."

The plan:

Depress central nervous system

Freeze to death.

Method:

Wait for sustained weather below freezing

Ingest alcohol or heroin in sufficent quantity to ward off effects of cold.

Take a long walk in a real cold place, woods, beach, mountains.

Once sufficently tired or "relaxed" settle in for a little sleepytime.

No muss no fuss and little mess to clean up.

Who want to live forever anyway.

12160.jpg

nice good job give people POINTERS