Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
islandfishing

2007 Block Island Kayak Fishing Tournament

46 posts in this topic

Thanks for the reply, but what do you do with the kayak once you get there?

You go catch massive Block Island Bass with it....wink.gif

We'll have a place to store them that is easy access to the water. Most places will have room on the grounds as well for them. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chigger I am staying at a hotel right at the ferry,or not to far.It looks to have Two different points to launch from.One ocean one sound.I will look up the name for you.

Hey heres a good question for you . First of all can i camp anywhere , im not fancy . I can sleep anywhere , and being a cheap ass dosent help anyway.

Just a place to throw up a tent .....Are there any public facilties , showers and a head ? Ok heres a good question for you ,Can you suggest any books about fishing block ? This spring and summer i will be practicing and get as comfortable as i can .Spring fishing and summer paddleing and fishing .

Any rigs are tackle could you suggest or same ole stuff im throwing at them at home ?

Thanks man

Dead Mike "The Doctor of Doom" J

View PostHey heres a good question for you . First of all can i camp anywhere , im not fancy . I can sleep anywhere , and being a cheap ass dosent help anyway.

Just a place to throw up a tent .....Are there any public facilties , showers and a head ? Ok heres a good question for you ,Can you suggest any books about fishing block ? This spring and summer i will be practicing and get as comfortable as i can .Spring fishing and summer paddleing and fishing .

Any rigs are tackle could you suggest or same ole stuff im throwing at them at home ?

Thanks man

Dead Mike "The Doctor of Doom" J

I have to tell you camping is illegal on the Island, I have however seen many guys fishing "all night." There are public showers in Old and New Harbors. You have to buy a token for the shower. As far as books there are alot of good ones take a peek in the online store. I don't think you need a specific book about fishing the Block because it should be very well loaded with fish.

Hey guys, I'm gonna do my best to join you all this year. I know squat about the island, can anyone share a name or two for a hotel that'll be convenient for those not bringing a car over?

Anyone going from the northen side of MA?

Ken

There is a bunch of us staying at the Harborside Inn.I think it is the closest to the ferry.I hear there is some type of marathon that weekend so do'nt wait till the last moment.