Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
islandfishing

2007 Block Island Kayak Fishing Tournament

46 posts in this topic

2nd. Annual Block Island Kayak Fishing Tournament- to benefit the Beckwith-Weidemann Children's Foundation.

Hey guys this will be the second time around for this tourney and many thanks to the peole who made it out last year even with the very inclement weather and big water.

Just in case any of you hadn't heard "Seadogface" took top honors and won the tournament last year.

Dates: September 7,8,9th.

Registration: Until 4:00 on Friday (if you are going to be late give me a call) and the tournament closes at Noon on Sunday.

Fee: Donate what you can to BWCF all proceeds go to them.

Targeted Species:Striped Bass, Blues, Bonito, and Falsies.

It is highly recommended to make reservations as early as you can. If you are bringing a vehicle contact the ferry early too. If any one has questions feel free to post them here or PM me.

Thanks to Tim for letting me put this info up again and if anyplug makers or such want to donate some plugs/ gear for raffles and what not it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post any updates here as well. Thank you and hope to see you on the water.

--Islandfishing

My wifes is on the 8thmad.gif. A nice trip to Block to fish... I mean dinner. Oh wait a minute if I fish I'll have dinner toobiggrin.gif . On another note I may have some bucktail jigs to donate if I ever finish them.

View PostHey do you know if i can takemy yak on the ferry from montauk? or should i drive to Ri and then take a ferry ?

I want to fish this area , i know there will be monsters around .40.gif

You can bring your Yak on the Montauk no problem.You know where they dock right here right?

Can someone tell me the particulars about block island? Car and such? What do you do with you yak once you get there? Where to stay and how much does it cost?

Thank you. It sounds like a great few days.

You can bring a car but remember to make reservations far in advance. Get in touch with the Block Island Ferry either online or give them a ring. Prices can run the whole gambit from reasonable to through the roof. If you want my suggestions on places to stay or what a place is like feel free to PM me, it's no problem at all.

View PostI think the car ferry is from R.I.. The MTK ferry is walk on only.I think they permitt wheels on your yak though.

Correct you can do a search on the web for the full details. Block Island Ferry leaves from Pt. Judith, RI, cars, bikes, yaks, etc. Montauk: walk on, bikes, Yaks, etc.