Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billybob

I need some wheels.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Gotta get a car.

Some cheap transportation that I can fix myself.

And old enough so big gov't don't tax the crap outta me.

It can be ugly, in fact I prefer that it is, cuz it fits my style.

No a/c cuz I got a way of doing that with dry ice.

Needs a strong roof cuz branches are always falling in my driveway.

One of them trunks where ya don't need a key cuz I like to throw my taters and junk in there.

Needs to be safe in case the wife's in it, cuz she's way better than I deserve and I don't wanna lose her.

Decent brakes cuz I stop

When I shop.

What should I get ?

I have a line on the deal of the century, too good to be true, it's freekin awesome.

Tell ya about it tomorrow morning.

Straight 6 Nova 4 Dr.

2 brl carb - Strong engine like 4 Liter

fit 3 \\ 4 bodies in da trunk

bench seat for snuggling wit yo momma

Had one with over 150000 miles & cracked the block in an totaling accident with a truck - I didn't get a scratch

still started with no oil.

Straight 6 Nova 4 Dr.

2 brl carb - Strong engine like 4 Liter

fit 3 \\ 4 bodies in da trunk

bench seat for snuggling wit yo momma

Had one with over 150000 miles & cracked the block in an totaling accident with a truck - I didn't get a scratch

still started with no oil.

That's what I'm talking about! I had a 72 just like that. Damn thing ran better with dirty old oil then it did after an oil change. Could not kill that motor, no way no how, nothing short of totaling it.

72' Plymouth Valiant. You want hardcore? Mine was brush painted Black with Home Depot Rustolium. In the front above the Headlights someone had previously mounted those Truck Teardrop Cab lights and wired them as secondary turn signals. The windshield washer was the old manual footpump (we don't need no stinkin' electric pump!). Un-Killable Slant-six. Plenty of truck room. No A/C. For a while it had no heat either cwm31.gif . Parts can be found in ANY Auto Parts Store. My old Tank. I drove that thing into NYC every day from 84' to 89'. Alas, the tranny went (not the engine) and I wanted a new car. When that thing was tuned up it drove beautifully.

My neighbor has a coupla horses.......I understand that he even interchanges parts when needed......not sure about the flatness for filleting, though.......

wink.gif

And BTW, Arby, I once cut up a Plymouth Valiant (or it's close cousin) with a Sawzall and an acetylene torch when it died on me, and threw all the cut up pieces in the dumpster at work.......it took me about a month......

Billybob.....you're a hoot......clapping.gif

And BTW, Arby, I once cut up a Plymouth Valiant (or it's close cousin) with a Sawzall and an acetylene torch when it died on me, and threw all the cut up pieces in the dumpster at work.......it took me about a month......

Steve, This a picture I just found of the car. Someone in NYC actually had the cajones to break into her one time. They took the factory radio that was worth what... maybe a nickle? headscratch.gif Thats all they took. Nothing of any value was in there. Vinyl Bench Seat. Power Nothing. My wife, Sunny, refused to sit it it because it was too ugly. But I loved that car...