Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seal

Is anyone here a member of a Cult?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Mainstream, traditional religions, are just too "normal" for me, I'd never fit in. But I don't see why that should prevent me from expressing my spiritual side.

Does anyone know of a good Cult in my area?

Mandatory, group suicide is a definite turn off, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

The Massachussetts Democratic Party of Ted Kennedy? You must despise all that is not Democrat and like to drink scotch.

Does it count if I admit to seeing the Rocky Horror Picture show 2x back in the 80's (since it's called a 'cult' film)? The first time I saw it, I was appropriatedly inebriated...however, the second time I saw it, I was sober and that was the last time for me....

And when I lived in Waltham, there used to be a cult of transgendered people who ate at the local Ninety-Nine every tuesday night. I personally didn't care if they were there or not when I ate there...but once my daughter was born and became old enough to ask, I decided to avoid that place on Tuesday nights....I don't know if that's a cult or not...but it's close enough in my mind...but probably not one you want to join.

I had a friend in college who was a member of the "way". He sent me a book about a year ago that he wrote and I can forward it to you. I couldn't get past the introduction. We're suppose to have our annual college drink fest on 2/17 and I'm sure he'll ask about the book so any info. you'd be able to provide about the book would much appreciated.