Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Religious Right leader no longer gay

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

here ya go JimP- a postive story for ya bro! yeah, yeah, he's not gay (anymore) wink.gif

Haggard says he's not gay

By Eric Gorski

Denver Post Staff Writer

\t\t\t\tif(requestedWidth > 0){\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tdocument.getElementById('arti cleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; \t\t\t\t\tdocument.getElementById('articleViewerGr oup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; \t\t\t\t} \t\t\t

The Rev. Ted Haggard emerged from three weeks of intensive counseling convinced he is "completely heterosexual" and told an oversight board that his sexual contact with men was limited to his accuser.

That is according to one of the disgraced pastor's overseers, who on Monday revealed new details about where Haggard has been and where he is headed.

The Rev. Tim Ralph of Larkspur also said the four-man oversight board strongly urged Haggard to go into secular work instead of Christian ministry if Haggard and his wife follow through on plans to earn master's degrees in psychology.

Haggard broke a three-month silence in e-mails over the weekend to select members of his former church. New Life Church interim

20070205_115413_CD06_haggard_200.jpg Fresh from counseling, Ted Haggard reportedly called his "sexual immorality" a case of acting out. (Post file)

senior pastor Ross Parsley forwarded Haggard's message to the wider church body Monday.

In the message, Haggard revealed that he and his wife, Gayle, intend to leave Colorado Springs and pursue master's degrees through online courses.

Haggard mentioned Missouri and Iowa as possible destinations. Another oversight board member, the Rev. Mike Ware of Westminster, said the group recommended the move out of town, and the Haggards agreed.

"This is a good place for Ted," Ware said. "It's hard to heal in Colorado Springs right now. It's like an open wound. He needs to get somewhere he can get the wound healed."

Sex-addiction program

Haggard, 50, resigned as president of the National Association of Evangelicals and was fired from the church he built from nothing into a 14,000-member congregation after a former male prostitute in Denver alleged a three-year cash-for-sex relationship.

Haggard admitted to "sexual immorality" and a long battle against feelings contrary to his beliefs. He admitted buying methamphetamine but said he never used it. Haggard did not respond to interview requests.

Among other things, the overseers urged Haggard to enter a 12-step program for sexual addiction, Ware said.

Ralph said three weeks of counseling at an undisclosed Arizona treatment center helped Haggard immensely and left Haggard sure of one thing.

It's amazing what can be accomplished in three weeks. Meth-dealing male prostitutes all over America can turn off their cell phones and get a little rest tonight, now that the healing has taken place.

I will admit that I went thru it,

every time I wanted to turn on a Liza CD, they made me lick an ashtray.

it was effective.

Can you imagine if Haggard ran into Liza in rehab (it's not exactly a long shot) - worlds would collide. All that work de-gaying oneself, right down the tubes!

There's a pretty good chance you'd run into one of Liza's ex- (or future-) husbands in the de-gaying program.

they had electrodes hooked to my nipples and nether regions....

and would show me a swatch of chartreuse fabric,

they would ask me what color it was,

and if I said chartreuse instead of green they would shock me......

after a week they realized their error and moved the electrodes to my fingers......

which was SOOOO not fun, so I said green.

after a week they realized their error and moved the electrodes to my fingers......

LOL!

I'm glad your ordeal is over. Think beautiful thoughts, about beautiful places...

DON'T TEMPT ME!!!!

In Libertarian Utopia I am free to do whatever I want.....

and that is what got me in rehab to begin with....

hmmmmmmmm,

look at that mountain spire, thrusting upward so majestically.

A Clockwork Chartreuse? cwm27.gif