Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wally65

Jersey memebers?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

My wife received a speeding ticket on her way to monmouth beach in november. She was suppose to go to court this monring, but go the dates confused, now she is at work and cant leave. She called the number on her paperwork that advised her of todays court date. They told her they would either reschedule or issue a warrent. 2 questions? anyone ever have any experience with this, what should she do? If they issue a warrent, what exactly does that mean, and how do we fix it all?

they really didnt give her an option, they told her one or the other would happen, and then pretty much hung up on her. she is so worried that she will get into alot of trouble, i keep telling her that its not a big deal, but she is freaking out.

when they "detain" her for the warrant (only if she gets pulled over again) they'll take her in where she'll call you to come down, and pay the fine. and bail her out, it could get expensive but theres no big deal with the law.

same thing happend to me in allenhurst a ways back, but i called the court clerk and rescheduled. (they did issue a $500.00 warrant too that i was not aware of either) but i din not get stopped before i went to court and paid the fine. the judge dropped the warrant

good luck

I found out recently that I had a warrant for an unpaid parking ticket from 1998. This state sure does hold a grudge.