Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stripercrazy

2007 castoff, time to start thinking

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

at hooters we talked alittle about time and late april seemed to be generally the best time..opening day is the 2nd saturday of april so thats outbiggrin.gif 3rd or 4th weekend..by may theres fish around and people will want to catch more than castbiggrin.gif we were catching stripers in april last year in the warren river(prov too) so late april they'll be around. time to start thinking. hopely the conn guys will come on up, capt rock hopping mike it he can make will place in the top 10%, I've seen him cast. theres some good casters every yearbiggrin.gif

I was catching schoolies the first week in april last year and not from a river or estuary, And there is also talk of an early spring this year. Maybe there will be schoolies the last week in march.

i`ve hit them in march. last year especially. tides wind, and weather has to be perfect though. last two weeks, according to my log from last year!!

The groundhog didn't see his shadow. First schoolie bass should be here by the end of next week. headscratch.gif

1st sat is easter weekend 2nd sat is opening day ri biggrin.gif the next sat is opening day in ct.biggrin.gif its gotta be march 31 or april 28 if its the 28th there might be schoolies around. good morn to fish and then party. i'm good on either of those dates. cwm27.gifcwm27.gif BRING ON THE PARTYcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Old Man pulled in a schoolie last year at Colt State Park, so they were around then. Will the Korker Kastoff be replayed this year too? Who will be King of the Bird's Nest Tangle? Will sinkers still sink into the ground 4 or 5 inches? Will Chuck show up in his PJs again? And the cawfee? Sometimes history shouldn't repeat itself. cwm12.gif

Old Man pulled in a schoolie last year at Colt State Park, so they were around then. Will the Korker Kastoff be replayed this year too? Who will be King of the Bird's Nest Tangle? Will sinkers still sink into the ground 4 or 5 inches? Will Chuck show up in his PJs again? And the cawfee? Sometimes history shouldn't repeat itself. cwm12.gif

Yes I will if I fish allnight again!!! We should have an accuracy contest also. start at like 75 yards with a hula hoop , then 100 yards and a hula hoop then 125 with a hula hoop. Do it with a point system and the most points after 5 cast wins. Or something like that would be fun, well in my mind anyway. chuck

gotta keep korker cast! good idea chuck- hula hoop accuracy casting, and of course distance casting. and ya know it will rain....and stewies coffee- my truck needs undercoating smile.gif

I think we should pick a new "object" to toss. Not sure what, but I'm thinkin' and that's always dangerous. How about a really beat up Penn Squiddah?

Even a beat up Squiddah has a certain amount of class. Anybody have a 105C or other cheap import "Penn" reel. We could just have a 16 oz. bank sinker toss, nahcwm13.gif