Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianZ

Breathable repair

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

didnt want to hijack the other thread.

last friday nite (what a nite btw smile.gif ) i took a dorsal spine thru the breathables about mid thigh. i found the patches that cabelas sent with them but no instructions. does anybody have a set of instructions? by the way these are hands down the best set of waders i have ever owned. at this point in time wink.gif

"last friday nite (what a nite btw )"

Hey Brian, rub it in why dont ya!! wink.giftongue.gif

I have 2 sets of waders from Cabelas. The bootfoot, and Lace-up Bootfoots. The lace ups are very nice. My non-laceups have a small hole in the knee area. I went onto Cabelas live chat and the guy in there told me to use Aquaseal + the patch to seal the hole. He said if the hole IS NOT near a seam or area of high bending, and its fairly small, just go ahead and use the aquaseal. But if its at a joint, or very large hole, use the aquaseal to adhere the patch to the wader material. I would probably also put a coating of the aquaseal over the patch as well just for good measure. It didn't seem like there was any real instructions to it. He probably improvised as he went along. I hope that helps ya out. If its small just go ahead and use the aquaseal.

BTW thanks for the helpful info you gave me at the Fling about those beaches. icon14.gif

Ant

Those Cabela Breathables are great. I fixed a hole with Marine Epoxy. Has held for 2 years now.

------------------

"Ya can't fish anymore if you're dead." - Arby SOL# 304

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside Park, NJ

fishguy.gif

Your not suppose to put the fish in your waders..Stop that you have a girl friend already.....I use Aqua seal to put the patch on mine it works...

Eddie

------------------

fishwim.gif