Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dredey

penn 113h brand new (2)

10 posts in this topic

i have (2) brand new penn 113h special senator 4/0 reels. $85 a piece. both never used with box, lube, paperwork, hardware etc...red 3.25-1 gear ratio. 475 yds. 30 lb. mono.

You can use them, but not with stainless steel wire. The spool on the 113H is aluminum and will "rust" due to the effects of electrolisis between the two different metals.

For SS wire you want the 113HSP which has a chromed bronze spool that won't corode.

You can use them, but not with stainless steel wire. The spool on the 113H is aluminum and will "rust" due to the effects of electrolisis between the two different metals.

For SS wire you want the 113HSP which has a chromed bronze spool that won't corode.

tolock1 - I think I still have a couple of the chromed bronze spools that I took out of some 113H that are in good condition as I only used the reels with mono. I replaced them with aluminum spools because I was using the reels for jigging cod - the aluminum is a lot lighter and easier to cast with. If your interested, send me a PM.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0