Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

10 year old girls gone mental...

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

... and its all the fault of their mothers and now I have to deal with it! There are a couple of children (note the word children) in my daugther's 4th grade class that have extremely messed-up ideas about health and weigh and body-image. One kid has appeared in several ads or commercials and refers to herself as a "fashion model." This little girl dresses for school in inappropriate clothing. I've seen her at a summer pool party wearing a string bikini where the fabric was no bigger than a cock-tail napkin. At a recent all-girls birthday party, she jumped up on the table, swung and wiggled her hips while pulling up her shirt and rubbing her body and singing, "I too sexy!" (Sadly, there is definitely a pair of pumps and a pole in her not-too-distant future! Along with addiction.) The fashion model and her crew keep a list of the class mates who are "thin" and who is "fat." Those on the fat list are not aloud to play. This list and these attitudes are causing much anguish amongst the girls in class. The fashion model has told other kids that smoking will keep you thin! Now, I've seen the mother of the model and know immediately where these screwed-up thoughts have come from. She's 45-ish and desperately trying to hold onto her youth. She dresses like a 16 year old. If she didn't smoke, maybe she wouldn't so old. Trophy wifes come with an expiration date! (and she's just-a-little past spoiled!) Now, I for one enjoy a quality **** now and again... But when a mother teaches her kid that her body is her most important asset and then re-enforces her ideas with completely messed-up behavior that must be addressed.

I wrote an e-mail to the teacher. She was unaware of the issue. All of the girls are talking and crying about this, but the school has no clue. During the school physical the nurse took everyone's weigh and then announced it, while the model crew took notes. I suggested that the kids should be told that their BMI is normal.

As a result of these freaks, my 10 year old has asked if its ok if she could skip a meal and has said that she didn't need a lunch, because some kids don't eat lunches. She has a normal BMI; She typically eats healthy meals. She has completed two triathlons, having come in 2nd place in one. She runs, she swims, she loves to play... she is a kid!

I simply want these freaks to leave the face of this earth, now!

I'm done... I will now turn to the random hottie thread in order to settle down!

As the father of a grade school daughter, this subject is always on my mind. It's a phenomena I refer to as "The tartification of our daughters" and it troubles me.

Hopefully your daughter will snap out of it and not be influenced by the allure of this clique.

show her pics of nicole ritchie and say this is what happens to girls who go for the thin....I went to school with a girl who was a looker ...she stayed a looker untill the near end of high school..then the years of being belimic caught up...her bones became so weak she had to be put in a wheelchair...and from her depression of not being the sexiest girl in school..she turned to drugs...and is now living a fantastic life of frail bones and a great addiction to heroin. And I love going back home and seeing people who stuck around that were "model" types and see them with the beer guts..10 kids...no jobs..no money...and I look better than then and have a job...married...money...and rub it in thier face...since they rejected me back then...hahahaha

Cortez - go RIGHT NOW and get a copy of STRONG FATHERS, STRONG DAUGHTERS. This is a must read for any guy with daughters.

This is serious stuff and you need to get involved right away. Your daughters sanity and health depends on it.

Oh, and I looked in the random thread but came away disappointed...
I'm posting this as a public service. biggrin.gif

... and its all the fault of their mothers and now I have to deal with it! There are a couple of children (note the word children) in my daugther's 4th grade class that have extremely messed-up ideas about health and weigh and body-image. One kid has appeared in several ads or commercials and refers to herself as a "fashion model." This little girl dresses for school in inappropriate clothing. I've seen her at a summer pool party wearing a string bikini where the fabric was no bigger than a cock-tail napkin. At a recent all-girls birthday party, she jumped up on the table, swung and wiggled her hips while pulling up her shirt and rubbing her body and singing, "I too sexy!" (Sadly, there is definitely a pair of pumps and a pole in her not-too-distant future! Along with addiction.) The fashion model and her crew keep a list of the class mates who are "thin" and who is "fat." Those on the fat list are not aloud to play. This list and these attitudes are causing much anguish amongst the girls in class. The fashion model has told other kids that smoking will keep you thin! Now, I've seen the mother of the model and know immediately where these screwed-up thoughts have come from. She's 45-ish and desperately trying to hold onto her youth. She dresses like a 16 year old. If she didn't smoke, maybe she wouldn't so old. Trophy wifes come with an expiration date! (and she's just-a-little past spoiled!) Now, I for one enjoy a quality **** now and again... But when a mother teaches her kid that her body is her most important asset and then re-enforces her ideas with completely messed-up behavior that must be addressed.

I wrote an e-mail to the teacher. She was unaware of the issue. All of the girls are talking and crying about this, but the school has no clue. During the school physical the nurse took everyone's weigh and then announced it, while the model crew took notes. I suggested that the kids should be told that their BMI is normal.

As a result of these freaks, my 10 year old has asked if its ok if she could skip a meal and has said that she didn't need a lunch, because some kids don't eat lunches. She has a normal BMI; She typically eats healthy meals. She has completed two triathlons, having come in 2nd place in one. She runs, she swims, she loves to play... she is a kid!

I simply want these freaks to leave the face of this earth, now!

I'm done... I will now turn to the random hottie thread in order to settle down!

As with most issues of bullying or otherwise negative interaction, I understand that the administration has many things demading their time... with a bazillion kids traversing halls at scheduled periods of the day, with the probability of supervision during lunch hours, etc... I never, ever EVER buy the argument that there's not knowledge of such things... seems like the usual liability dodge... .02...

...She has a normal BMI; She typically eats healthy meals. She has completed two triathlons, having come in 2nd place in one. She runs, she swims...

Muscle weighs more than fat. Your brain is a muscle. cwm15.gif

The only reason I make this statement is I've met my fair share who say they are "fat" based upon weight only. Trust me, there was nothing wrong with the figure on these gals.

I'd be thrilled if I had a 'normal' BMI. Although the system is a little flawed as it says my 5'10" 210lb ox of a brother is fat (he's a body builder).

Geez Louise,I would have thought that this crap doesn't start until the 7th or 8 th Grade.Wrong again,Fatso.It makes me want to puke (pun very much intended).The (educators) need to get involved so they can try to ensure a healthy atmosphere for these impressionable young ladies.And for Heaven's sake,don't holler out everyone's weight for these Fat Nazis to record.That is especially stupid.

Yeah, I'm a teacher's assistant running a computer lab at an elementary school. Every year the 5th gr. teachers have each of the students create a PowerPoint show with an "About Me" theme. Some of the things that the girls write about themselves is so sad it makes you FURIOUS.

The girls don't rank on each other in my school, though. That kind of behavior is NOT tolerated! LOUDLY not tolerated.

Speak with the principal and the teacher together.