Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capequahog

Colts/Bears

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I'm takin da Bears, they got it done with New Orleans, the Colts barely got by the Pats (bad calls and bad bugeye Caldwell), Its Peyton's year blah, blah, for the media. Who wins?

I think the Colts are going to run away with the game, scoring more than 40 points in the process. I think getting past the Patriots was big for Peyton...not just in terms of making it to the Superbowl...but also in terms of getting that proverbial monkey off his back. The only way I can see the Bears winning this game is if Peyton does choke again...but I don't see that happening.

Another factor to consider is that while everyone believes in the Bears defense, their secondary reminds me of swiss cheese with all the holes in it. Every time I see them play, they do an ok job stopping the run, but they get passed on almost at will. The Bears have also had some success pressuring the quarterback and that has help to conceal their secondary problems against weaker teams...but that won't cut it against the Colts, who have protected Manning very well this season.

bears will crush the colts by more than 2 touchdowns and i'm sort of feeling by more than 20 pts. gonna be a great game-for bears fans.

bears will crush the colts by more than 2 touchdowns and i'm sort of feeling by more than 20 pts. gonna be a great game-for bears fans.

When all is said and done, I'll still be able to boast that 'my team' (the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) will still be standing as the last NFC team to win a Superbowl.

I hope the Colts win so that the comintators will stop talking about how Manning isn't great cuz he hasn't won a Superbowl titile so we can just get on with the nice career this guy is having.

Exact replica of SB XXV, with Rex Grossman starring in the role of Jeff Hoestetler wink.gif

Except for the ending. If it comes down to a kick, I don't see Vinatieri going "wide right" ala Scott Norwood.

I like the Colts to cover...Rex is too erratic for me to depend on, and the Bears D isn't as dominant as they were early in the season. Harrison needs a big game and the Colts have to be careful on special teams.

bears win on the ground. tandem backfiled of jones/benson combines for 150+ and more importantly keeps the ball out of grossmans hands. he has another iffy performance but goes over 50% and a td. devin hester returns a punt. manning spends the first half on his back. bears defense forces 2 fumbles and scores a td. i see at least 2 int's and 4 sacks. colts running backs end the game with negative yardage. wayne & harrison refuse to come out of the locker room at halftime siting bladder control issues icon14.gif bears 407 colts -3

I like the Colts to cover...Rex is too erratic for me to depend on, and the Bears D isn't as dominant as they were early in the season. Harrison needs a big game and the Colts have to be careful on special teams.

Their front line, run defense is pretty good...their secondary sucks and if Indy's line allows Peyton time to throw, it's not even going to be a game.

I think the Colts are gonna mow them down. I just can't see Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison NOT having a big day against that D

This is a tough one. Rex is the worst qb i've ever seen make it to the SB and da Bears are not the same team as they were in the first few weeks of the season. The better qb's team almost always wins so i would put my money on the Colts. If the Colts can manage to stop the Thunder and Lightning in the backfield then da Bears will be in deep trouble on Sunday. Put the game on Rex's shoulders and they will lose. i imagine that's what the Colts intend to do.

If the Colts can manage to stop the Thunder and Lightning in the backfield then da Bears will be in deep trouble on Sunday. Put the game on Rex's shoulders and they will lose. i imagine that's what the Colts intend to do.

The 64,000 question--which Colts run D will show up?

The one that shut down LJ in the first round of the playoffs?

Or the one that gave up 155 yards to No Gain Dayne? wink.gif