Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skip0ls

Ultralight Spring Setup

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Just found this little beauty in my basement... had some old old old orange 4# on it and i plan on putting some light braid on there and catching schoolies with it. Now y'all may think its too light or whatever but i have definately used smaller reels to catch the little guys. Im just looking for input on a rod for it. i'll be casting small jigs and plugs. By small plugs i mean no larger than 3-4". I'll use it to catch largemouth too.

7.5' blank reted in the 4-8lb or 6-12lb line would be nice for throwing that stuff.

I made a friend of mine a Lami rated 8-17 that was nice but I can't remember the #s for it right nowfrown.gif

Check out the Daiwa Coastal series, I've got three of 'em in different actions and tapers. They are 7', one piece, IM-7 graphite, cork handle, and under $100. It is my go to summer rod for everything, casts 3/8 to 1 1/2 oz depending upon the action you choose. Lots of fun for small fish, but can handle keeper bass and medium bluefish. I even landed a 30lb. cownose ray on 10lb. firline with one this summer. IMHO the best lite tackle rod for the money.

Dlmrvstriper

My favorite lite stick is a Star Nickelite 7'. They have one that is 1/4-3/4 oz and one that is 3/8-1 1/4 (this is the one I use). Not old school but sweet none the less.