Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ctstriper

Stradic Reel, Wooden Plug Question

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Two questions

The Stradic reels have a little black screw on the top of the side plate just under the cup that the spool sits in. When I open it I see the inside. Is that to just put grease, or WD 40 in?. If grease how much? Lost my book on the reel. ( ok, so I don't oil them as much as I should.)

I have some wood surface swimmers where the barrel in the body of the plug that holds the front treble is starting to rust. I won't give the name in that it most likely is my fault for not washing them off. Can I somehow replace that barrel swivel or should I just use this plug for blues?

Thanks

for the reel part 3 drops of oil. i use to do it every 3 or 4 times i used the reel. the plug part i dont know sorry . i would throw it to the blues. but iam sure someone will give u a better idea

First for all reels clean the old grease and oil out, then relube. And use only enough grease to "moisten" all large contact parts. Oil the other finer workings. As for the plug just keep fishing it till you loose something big with it biggrin.gif Then you have a good reason to buy another one.

Stradic gets reel grease where the black screw is...those are the gears in there. Don't over due it...just enough you coat the gears in there. You don't need to fill the body up with grease.

For the plug you can't change the barrell swivel because the other end is connected to a wire in the plug body (thru-wired). But you can cut the hook off with a heavy duty wire cutter or grind through it with a grinder or dremel wheel. Then get an open eyed treble from your tackle shop and use pliers to reattach it to the barrell swivel. Bring the hook you cut off to match up the size. Don't stick the hook through your finger trying to close the eye with the pliers.redface.gif