Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew9745

Breakaway/Nautil

39 posts in this topic

Bought this rod last year right here on BST. Reel seat sits a little high for me (27") and I cant see cutting it down. Used it through the fall run, thats about it.

10' one piece Allstar Breakaway 1208 custom, Fuji guides, shrink wrap/cork tape grips. Rated 1-3, throws 4 just fine. Paired with Mitchell Nautil 6500 yellow, filled with 20lb power pro, and two extra spools and spool bag. Reel is in perfect condition, rod has very minor wear, mostly on shrink wrap, some small scuffs.

$275 firm, no trades. Must pick up(too long to ship) or meet up in eastern CT, western RI area.

What's the difference between the "Allstar Breakaway" and an "Allstar" 1208?? I was researching this rod and most think the Allstar 1208 can throw 1-5oz. Is this something different Allstar did for Breakaway??

BTW-I think this is a great deal and I'm drool.gif over here.

What's the difference between the "Allstar Breakaway" and an "Allstar" 1208?? I was researching this rod and most think the Allstar 1208 can throw 1-5oz. Is this something different Allstar did for Breakaway??

BTW-I think this is a great deal and I'm drool.gif over here.

Honestly, I really do not know. I am going by the information I was given when I bought it. Yes it does handle 4oz just fine, but I never tried anything heavier, so I cant report on that weight range. Very sweet stick, tons of backbone, but whippy enough to still throw a 7/8oz Bomber just fine; but it just doesnt fit me.

What's the difference between the "Allstar Breakaway" and an "Allstar" 1208?? I was researching this rod and most think the Allstar 1208 can throw 1-5oz.

There is no such thing as a 1208 Breakaway. Nick never had a factory rod built on the All Star 1208 blank. Only on the 1209. The Breakaway model # was LDFC or LDFS 100 H, C for conventional and S for spinning.

"Breakaway" = a factory rod built on (then) an All Star blank. All Star = a blank. Every Breakaway was an All Star until Nick switched over to the Rainshadow. Not every All Star is a Breakaway.

All of the first series of Breakaways were built on All Star blanks, but they never offered a full line up on all of the All Star GSW blanks. For example, there were never Breakaways built on either the GSW 1207s or 1208s. The 9' originally was built on the 1088. Now, I think Nick has them made on the Rainshadow SU 1087 instead.

You should think about doing something with the pipe insulation looks like asbestos and broken open, I would also consider just the rod

After further consideration ... I don't see a trip to CT. in the near future...

So you guys get it done icon14.gif I'm out 40.gif

I do want to buy one of those rods someday though...scuba.gif

and put a VS on it drool.gif

The pipe insulation is actually all coming down and replaced with fibergalss. Hence the metal rings loose/removed in the picture there.

I really did not intend to sell these separately, but if I can get the same price as if I sold them together, heck, why not. $175 firm for the rod, picked up, I am not messing around trying to ship a 10' rod. $100 firm(shipped) for the reel.

Sorry about the name mistake, I thought they were one in the same. It was sold to me as a Breakaway 1208, thats all I can say.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0