Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clumsy

Drag

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Is there anyone who compared Lb equivalent of Daiwa SL or SLX, Abu 7000 and Penn 525 ? I just feel this is the sorting how strong they are.

Never measured them on a scale.

My thumb scale says the Sealine has the strongest, too wink.gif Followed by the Penn, with the stock Abu a very distant third.

My thumb scale says the Sealine has the strongest, too wink.gif Followed by the Penn, with the stock Abu a very distant third.

Really? In that order?

I will take your word on that and get crackin with the maintenance on my Sealine X 50 since it started paying out line at 21 pounds of dead lifting a bucket of lead while testing the "backbone" of my new AllStar boat rod. The 525 lifted 25 pounds of lead before paying out any line.

Both reels are the same age, but admittedly I do much more regular maintenance on the Penn than the Sealine X.

Thanks,

you surprised me. Not trom my experience I thought it woul be

Daiwa, Abu and Penn (Penn being weakest).......And the casting distance in reversed orded (Penn longest cast). It is kinda logical - isn't it?

Still any comment ?

You may want to check the new 7000i Abu and even the 6500's s because they have the new carbon fiber drags. Saw a rating somewhere ??? that said 22#'s of drag??? Sounds like alot, but I can now lock down a 6500, and the 7000i. the Penn 525 drags are massive and stronger then the next GS reel the 535 ( should be the same), according to a Penn site.

At 1/4 the rated strength of the line for a good drag setting most of these numbers are really not that important, as long as the drag isn't sticky.

Steve

I would fully agree with DJ on this one.wink.gif