Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ijlal

Daiwa LD50H for distance casting?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Any of you using/used Daiwa LD50H for serious long distance casting? I would like to know about your experiences.

Thanks.

Ijlal

I use the smaller now discontinued Daiwa LD30H for beach sharking at times , not a true distance caster but the left side tension adjuster make it useful as there haven't been too many lever drags built with casting control before Avet and the latest version of Accurates .

LD30H was & is my go to reel when encountering bigger fish. The LD50H is easy to cast. Tighten the disc brake almost tight, & let fly. If it seems it didn't go far enough loosen the disc brake some more. Keep doing that until you start to loose control of the spool, then tighten it back up a little.

Both the LD30H & LD50H are very tunable with oils. For consinsity I use Quantum Hot Sauce. The thinner the butt section of your rod the better it will be to cast the '50. With the lever drag, drag pressure can be set before you start fishing. There will be no guesswork when it comes time to fight a large fish. The LD50H will hold almost 650yrds of 50# Tuff-Line braid with plastic tape around the arbor. That 'aught to get-ur done.

Not that i have any idea what i am talking about because i just started surf fishing so i can go to OBX and sandbridg when its too rough out for the boat. the ones i have are sh30sh ......buit since your on the subject of LEVER DRAGS - i have a penn LD25 i use for catfish......i casted it kinda ok and am used to "tossing" an 8 oz but it had 40lb mono on it as well......i respooled with 14 and of course much better.

what line do you avid guys use for SURF casting ? headscratch.gif

thanx - Jamie