Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
horsefly

Scott S3S rod

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anybody have any opinion or expeirence with the Scott S3S rods? I know that they are wicked expensive but I want to try a shorter rod out of my boat and Scott was the only one I found. If anyone has any other recommendations I would really like them. Looking at either the 9 or 10 wt.. Do you really think the 4' would make that big a difference, 9' as opposed to 8'8"? Thanks.

all scotts are very good quality and carry the best warranty out there. I own 2 scott rods but no S3S's. My friend has 37 S3S's and loves them to death. I've tried them and loved them too. Great Rod!!

"37 S3Ses?" ye Gods, the man has too much money.

I've been quietly lusting for an 8'8" 10wt S3S ever since tring one at Somerset a couple of years ago. The ULTIMATE (in my admittedly limited experience) for quick-loading rods, perfect for loading a rod and getting off a quick cast for those fish that require it, say, permit, from a boat. I lust in my heart for one.

Dont have the S3S but I do have a Scott 888-3 Heliply rod.I really like the 8'8" length.Great rod for quick casts and and feels lighter in hand that 9 footers.My go to rod for the jetty and the surf.

i own several scotts. THe S3S is one sweet rod extremely light but if you want to save some money I find the E2 from scott very effective extremely nice casting rod with alot of power. ON a side bar I think the E2 is also better equiped to handle the wind and bigger flies. So if wind is one of the factors you face then grab the e2 you will be very very happy..

I own quite a few Scott Rod's & can tell you that they are awesome. I have the S3S 8'8" in an 8,10, & 12. Very smooth casting & great fighting tool's. I had alot of client's this past year that were very impressed w/Scott Rod's. They have grest customer service. If you go to the show in Summerset this weekend make sure to try these rod's out.

Take it from a Keys guide.....The S3S is a great rod but is pron to breaking at the bottom ferrrel. Scott has aknowledged this problem and might have solved it with this seasons new rod. I personally had two of these rods break on my boat, one 10wt and the other was an 11wt. Tarpon on both rods.(100,120lb range)icon25.gif