Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edubbs

Rogue Wave

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Anyone else read the article about the rogue wave that hit the jamacia. Its in the asbury park press, but It didnt mention the height of the wave. Thats crazy!

Bob, David was on that boat! eek.gif , maybe I should get my reels before he goes back out cwm27.gif

glad nobody got badly hurt.

15ft is a rogue wave, if all the other waves around it are only 5ft... wink.gif Just the mention of "rogue wave" will get the attention of the ratings-hungry press, no matter what size.

I don't know....if I were fishing a jetty tip in the dark amid 3-4 footers and a ramdom 15 footer rolled in you could be darn tootin' sure I would notice and care cwm31.gif !!!

Alan

I don't know....if I were fishing a jetty tip in the dark amid 3-4 footers and a ramdom 15 footer rolled in you could be darn tootin' sure I would notice and care cwm31.gif !!!

Alan

Yes, but it is worthy of an AP news article?? That's the real question cwm12.gif

anyone ever see a rogue wave roll into the surf? I have only seen a wave maybe 5%-10% larger than other waves of the set come through, not quite a rogue.

Last Spring I was pulling an all nighter chunking bunker in Lavallette. Around 2 in the morning a rogue wave took me right off my feet and scattered all my gear. I was pretty far away from the waters edge when it happened and it was a calm west wind day. About a half hour later a guy came up to me who was throwing plugs and told me that the wave had tumbled him around like a rag doll and that he was lucky to find his plug bag. I mostly fish jetties, if that rogue wave would have hit me while I was on one I would have been in some serious trouble.

WOW! I just read the article, it was a pretty amazing happening. A couple of guys got pretty banged up and it sounded like they were lucky they did't get washed overboard. cwm31.gif