Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Edwards busted!

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

that's the end of his presidential campaign!

seems old John Edwards sold his house to a bidder. the sale was less than asking price after being on the market for a long time, some one needs to look into that. Also, candiate Edwards did not do any exhaustive background check into the potential buyers, selling it to literally the first couple who offered him somewhat near asking price. The most damning piece though is that even though he wasted money on renovations (showing he can't be trusted with our tax dollars) he still managed to turn a profit on this home.

I used to kind of like this guy, but now we see how a shady ex trial lawyer really operates.

buh bye Johnny!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011802077.html

Hil or her folks just slimed Obama with the news that he studied in a Madrasa when he was a kid. I don't particularly care what he did as a kid but it is getting nasty out there.

And yes, McCain and Hagel, who have a long history of friendship, appearently aren't speaking with each other anymore. Why anyone would WANT to be President is a mystery to me.headscratch.gif

Why anyone would WANT to be President is a mystery to me.headscratch.gif

Extreme and I mean extreme psychosis.

Edwards sold his house for less than he wanted because ............... it was on the market for 18 months! He says he left it up to the realtor to handle the deal .................. that is why you hire a realtor isn't it?

Anyway it turns out the buyer of a $5+million dollar home is rich (Big surprise!) and a CEO that had to disclose some shady accounting practices (another big surprise).

As it turns out some unions had their money invested in the same company that the buyer was CEO of, and after the after the restatement of earnings for 2003 and 2004 and 2005 the company stocked tanked. However the CEO and other officials cashed out $32 Million dollars in stock before it tanked.

So some how, you have to believe that Edwards knew what the Buyer had done, somehow Edwards should have known who had invested in the company the buyer was a CEO of and after making a carefull evaluation of the deal decided that he would not sell his house that he had been trying to sell for 18 months because soem Union he was trying to get the backing of had lost some pension money.

Option #1: Sell house for $5.2 million dollars and UNion members will have invested in the buyers company and lost money.

Option #2: Do not sell house and Union members will have invested in the non-buyers company and lost money.

Either way, I have no idea why this would disqualify him from running for the Presidency.

According to some people on this board, we have had both a sexual predator and or a coke head as President. Selling your house to crooked CEO would seem to be normal in the lives of these people.