Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby

Anyone having problems with Hindus' leaving fruit and fabric on their beaches?

Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

hey bobby...

if saying something to the rangers you see at the parks administration got you nowhere... go over their heads. take it to the newspapers, the news channels... if you get ENOUGH people calling for action, you'll more than likely get it.

but don't go in without a few ideas... and you got a few good ideas here.

see... that's where i'm right.

wink.gif

and you are just bitching about it here on the internet... why not write up (or have someone who is good at that kind of stuff write it up) a petition, and then distribute it to the local tackle shops, bait stores and other places that cater to fishermen and even stores that don't, but that cater to people who like their beaches clean... and then post on the internet where those petitions can be found, and ask people to sign them. they would. then when you go over the park rangers' heads... you'll have backup. you can say "look, here are 5000 people who feel the same way about it as i do, now something needs to be done." and you'll probably get further.

just suggestions.

no need for you to be on the defensive. really. folks were just making suggestions. and whether you like it or not "they're taking over my neighborhood" IS a racist statement. racism comes in all forms. i know. i was surrounded by it for the first 28 years of my life. now if you'll excuse me, i'm going fishing. tongue.giftongue.gif

PS.. we are ALL in a position to educate people. wink.gif all the time. everywhere. we do so every day, even if we don't know it... by our actions, by our words, by our non-actions and non-words.

TL, it's hard not to get defensive when someone tells you that all your doing is bitching and not doing anything else. I took it upon myself to go the Rangers, thinking that they knew nothing about who was doing this and would be pleased to know and act upon it. This all happened 2 days ago. Now that I see that they can't do anything, I will go further. I took exception to what you said because I have always been the kind of person that acts if I don't get the proper reaction! No hard feelings and thanks for some of the creative thinking you contributed.

That is NOT the norm! They usually leave something! Fruit, napkins, paper cups, hand towels or flags with the Gods picture whom they were praying to. You know you say, "gee, whats' a couple of bananas'"? Their isn't anything wrong with a couple of bananas'! But multiply that by 200 people! Now you get the idea!!!!!

--------------------

Bobby D

I was wondering, where is this place you speak of? Is it a crowded beach? How do you know its the Hindu's leaving trash? Have you ever approached one with your problem and tried to work out a solution? If the litter is so bad there get some of your buddies and pick up the trash yourself if u have time. Who's owns that beach?

The place I speak of is Jamaica Bay right over the Crossbay Bridge on the right or left side. Yes, I have seen these people on a daily basis come and perform their rituals leaving various foods and sometimes plastics and fabrics. Yes I have approached them in the most intelligent way I know and they always feel a need to protect their rights! I approach them to try and come to an agreement were both of us are happy!

It's funny. I work at a very upscale shopping mall on whats called the "main line". Old money going back to the railroads, etc. One of the most affluent areas of the country. These wealthy people are absolute pigs. I've got trashcans every twenty feet and they couln't be bothered to use them. It's like they expect someone to follow them and pick up anything they drop.

Most of these people have been in the country for a while.

Religon my rear end. These people are slobs and should be Treated that way. They come to this country and think they are still in an uncivilised nation. They should live by OUR RULES or go HOME. None of the religions in the USA leave crap by the sea. I would love to TEACH them the AMERICAN way. GO HOME!

Religon my rear end. These people are slobs and should be Treated that way. They come to this country and think they are still in an uncivilised nation. They should live by OUR RULES or go HOME. None of the religions in the USA leave crap by the sea. I would love to TEACH them the AMERICAN way. GO HOME!

Yeah, "our" religion is much better.

"John Geoghan stands out as one of the worst serial molesters in the recent history of the Catholic Church in America. For three decades, Geoghan preyed on young boys in a half-dozen parishes in the Boston area while church leaders looked the other way. Despite his disturbing pattern of abusive behavior, Geoghan was transferred from parish to parish for years before the church finally defrocked him in 1998.

After a January 2002 report on Geoghan by the Globe Spotlight Team, the case became a catalyst for revelations of other clergy abuse and church coverups. Dozens of priests were accused of abuse by hundreds of alleged victims who filed lawsuits, forcing the archdiocese to release damaging documents that showed the church's obsession with avoiding scandal and protecting its reputation.

In the Geoghan case alone, some 150 people eventually came forward, claiming they were fondled or raped by the priest."

"the Geoghan case " is a terrible thing, but it's hard to fix something that you can't see. Leaving piles of trash is something we can see so let's do something about it. If their religion or way of life from another country says that they keep a load of fish under 12" and it breaks our laws, are you going to look the other way. If it's against our laws and standards it's got to stop.

Hi Gang.. wink.gif

Sorry for my late reply the time difference where I am is like 8 hours ahead... icon25.gif

hey this thread is cool.... Thats what I love about America... you can talk about this stuff like adults... in Turkey by now we would have people headed towards each other homes with whips hee hee hee hee heee... sorry I'm sleep deprived and just in a smiley mood..

Let me get to some of the posts from our esteemed members that requested my reply...

1. Dear Bobby and Hatman.... you are 100 percent right.. I agree with you wholeheartedly.. I am just saying that one should not let frusration get the better or himself cause then harsh reflex reactions not befitting cool surf gentlemen like yourselfs may then kick into play... yes these are spooky times "it dont even look America sometimes.. like we are under seige by immigrants who have no desire to become Americans but instead transform our country into the very same palces they tired to escape from".. (Dont forget I have lived in the USA 45 years since I was 4 years old... I am as American as Apple pie, I feel the pain , I felt it too watching Astoria get runover, then Bellport and Patchuoge, now Montauk) so I agree with you...

but the sad news is that the immigration dept is inept... and so are the immigration laws as hatman has stated, yes there is an increasing influx of a new kind of immigrant that is very extremely opposite to what we are used to...

but there is a solution.... lets take "me" for example I am not an American citizen but I know that you can feel the stars and stripes in my heart when I speak cant you? Okey why is that? Well let me tell ya, I had good people show me the way.. nice Americans that I took as personal role models unto myself, what makes America great is not nukes or patriot missles its the "spirit of America and its wonderful patriotic people"... it is like a special honerable "software" that takes time to be loaded into an immigrants mindset before they realise that this country is more than a just place to get rich... it is a way of life unique to all the world, our bill of rights even says that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.".

Okey.... now for the immigarnts once having "gotten here" comes the next step of "fitting in" now that seems to be the hard part for 2 good reasons...

* many Americans feel "hey this is my country and you are a foriegner here better get your sheet together dude and act normal and dont disrupt my American way of life" its a flat out ultimatum (which the immigrants dont understand because they dont speak english HappyWave.gif ) plus there is no attempt to educate them in these US Customs and do's and donts.. the "older so called normal" US citizens want some else to do this educating... some government agency or something... they dont wanna be bothered... thats when the problems start..

then the subliminal hate begins.. "stinken foreigners smell like goat doo doo" plus how can that pretty American girl be dating one of those *****"..

The thing not to forget is at one time or other all of our American forefathers were considered "*****" in those days..

Italian-Immigrants.jpg

lotsa.immigrants.jpg

every generation add its own "look"...

Now getting on to what I'm trying to explain.... At one point everyones immigrant ancestors were kinda "****y" looking as percieved by the resident Americans of that era... then time and interactions took over and everyone "got the picture" .. but what is happening nowadays is that immigration is letting in so many people at once that America can not "educate them to fit in" hey they dont have to be robots or mindless zombies... keep should keep their ethnic traits that what makes America strong but its just that the visitors must learn the rules of this county that they are visiting... now that brings to point number 2...

okey what happen when no one shows any attempt to communicate to them, to show them the way?.. what happens when these immigrants are shunned?... excommunicted from society???? You wanna know? They get very anti social and anti American, they start to do things in spite, the dont learn the language, they dont WANT TO FREEKEN FIT IN TO A SYSTEM THAT SHUNNS THEM... then what?

Well ask the itallians what first happen in New Orleonsin the 1800's... gangs... mafia... with the attitude of "oh yeah you dont want me? Then I'll just take your freeken city as my own"..

this is human nature and common to everyone...all races, and when you have a multi cultural society like the USA your gonna have conflicts such as these...

the point hatman is making is that there are too many immigarnt times are changing.. its a whole new ballgame... well I once again agree with him.. ( have you noticed that I have agreed with everyones point but I am the person trying to offer suggestions for a solution) why? I am an immigrant, one that was educated by some "GOOD AMERICANS" who showed me the TRUE American way, the hard facts show that its not gonna get better and only get worse .. I would suggest that everyone here do their part to ...

1. Educate the immigrants you see in a goodwilled manner of how to coexist in harmony, what to do, what not to do... it just takes a minute, be smiley, dont yell, dont forget "they dont speak english" use hand signs and a smile smile.gif

2. Write your congressman about this issue and others that bother you.. Get involved in creative associations that are trying to cope with this situation.. but please dont be suckered into those hate grupos that will brain wash you into chopping up your nieghbor with a axe sceaming "die **** die"...

And Finally I just wanna say God Bless America, because in the end it is the the good people of this country "as a whole" that make it the greatest country in the world.

ussl.gif.gif

[ 04-24-2005, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Awesome John ]

You seem like a genuinely kind man AJ but you are not the type I'd entrust to keep me safe and secure. There are some people and situations that call for different measures. Kindness and capitulation don't always work.

Hatman you would probably have a lot less immigrantion problems in the USA if I was in charge of the shores...

* I would make it manditory to get an immigration "licence"... just as a drivers licence applicant would have to study a couple of weeks ( they got time back home) and then be tested... once they passed these tests and got their licenece "then" they would be admitted into the USA..

* In this licence test I would include a lie detector test in which I would ask them if they were gonna blow up a building or any other terrorist activity, I would ask them if they were loyal to any doctrine they advocated the distruction of the united states. Ä°nvasion of privacy my arse! What are we doing protecting the rights of dudes who wanna blow us up???

Hatman the people protecting your shores gave the teroorists of 9/11 vizas to get into the USA .. Once they blew up the towers and died the dept of ins ectended the vizas of one of the dead guys...

You bet you'd better off if I was watching the shores of the USA... I would screen educate and investigate people "intensively" before I let anyone into this good land.. and once they goofed (the smallest thing like a theft or anything) I would put them on a plane back home..."and make them pay for it"

Yes "rights" are what makes America stable but when the protection of privacy and personal expression gets "STUPID" to the point of endargering the US way of life... then thats where I would step in and say "The buck stops here".. "get a life, a USA life"

Hey maybe I should run for congressman they would have to give me green card back then uh? wink.gif

Hey John, I can't hold it no more, I gotta ask.

Believe me, I ain't trying to be disrespectful or a wiseguy, but why in all the years you were here and loving America so much, did you not become a citizen of her? And second, What's the difference between someone who spends a lifetime here after having become a citizen and someone who just keeps renewing their green card?

That is the whole problem John. These people come in large numbers, they don't need us(americans)I live on a block that is mixed. Latin, Italian, Russian, Guayanese. The Guyanese are the only folks who don't talk to anyone else. I speak to a man that lives 2 doors away, he is Guayanese. He told me that the people that don't reach out and are snotty had problems in the home land and came here to avoid trouble. So we basically are getting all the garbage! Like Castro did to us, dumped all his criminals on us. These people have their own kind painting their house, doing plumbing, Landscaping, brickwork. They have no need for us. So when you speak to them you are like an alien! I reach out continuesly only to be laughed at! Now 10 yrs. ago I would have broken the guys jaw, but things are different now! 5 years ago when this family moved here I was taking care of the next door neighbors lawn. I would constantly talk to the peoples kids and fool around while I was working. One winters day I was removing 2 in. of snow from this ladies party driveway with a tiny electric snowblower, it didn't blow snow more than 10" above the ground, and blowing it on the base of their house. The guy came out and asked me not to blow 2" of snow against the base of his house because it will cause leaks! Meanwhile he has 2" of fresh snow that had just fallen! After that none of the kids spoke to me anymore. They are teaching future generations that you have no need for these people but their currency! You know their are people who really feel bad admitting that other cultures, in their customs, are wrong in some ways. People are people, if your wrong, your wrong, in any country. So please don't rap this prejudice crap!!

sure WBGelbke,

I have explained this before but I glady expalin again... when some one is an immigrant that grows up in the states after "a while" you get the rythm of the American vibe.. you talk the lingo, you walk the stride, and you get accepted by you schoolmates and neighbors... well as the years go by you get fully Americanised but the little matter of filling out a form and signing it seems so irrelevant compared to what to great truth you have discover.. and that is "America is a frame of mind, a commitment to her spirit and to the path that her forefathers laid out before you"... so being sooooooo American in your own essence the paper work seems "frivolous" and is naively over looked.... until that one day you miss a reentry due to helth problems and you are at their mercy... and as they told me point blank to my face... "we have no mercy for you"... while just before me in that same day those same officers okeyed into the USA some "dudes" that looked they were ready to eat human flesh once in LA... well anyway the answer my friend is naivety...

A piece of paper doe not an American make.. it is the love in your heart and your loyalty to the princples that made her great...

oh well there is something good in everything God does so I am sure that there is something good here too... Buy the way my new application for reconsideration should reach the Embassy tomorrow, I sent it to the new Consular General... I got my fingers crossed.... dare I hope to make it Montauk this year? well we will see..

hey Bobby... "please" relax..

I never rapped any rap about prejudice I just wanted to let you see the situatition from all angles... well as it is we are going all American here then lets look at an old "native American "indian" saying" ""My I nor judge my neighbor without walking 1 mile in his moccasins"..

I am sure that what you say is true... I dont disagree.. I am just offering a way that you can end your inner frustration buy trying to learn how to communicate with them... I am sure that if we asked them why they dont speak to you they would have a whole different take on things...

So its not about whos right I am sure that "you are" what the point is that there must be an attempt to coexist in harmony and you being the "superior brain and local american must take charge of the situation in a more productive way without reaching for the hangrope and the torch.

Geez Bobby these guys got really pissed off it seems.. be careful that anger dosnt get the best of you buddy...

warmest regards

[ 04-24-2005, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Awesome John ]