Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikematt

Auto computer boards - NOT from the dealer

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I need the computer board that controls the power door on my wife's minivan. Its $350 from the dealer. Trouble is, I'm not 100% sure its my problem. I am wondering if there is any other market for buying these boards cheaper. Maybe a salvage yard or something? Anyone ever go that route? Thanks.

2001 Sienna. The problem is the power door, not the power lock or window. The motor is fine since I powered it independenty and it worked. the board is not powering the motor. Could be a relay on the board? Could be a sensor elsewhere in the car. My gut says its the board, but that's a $350 gamble i don't want to make if i don't have to.

Does the car have the original battery in it? Sounds crazy but I've seen a few mini vans with door problems and is was the battery on it's way out.

Does the car have the original battery in it? Sounds crazy but I've seen a few mini vans with door problems and is was the battery on it's way out.

Really? We had a problemo with the power door on our windstar...it would open, close, then open again, as if the lock wouldn't catch. We put it on manual open/close instead.

We had the battery changed a couple of months ago but I haven't tried the auto feature since.

:EdJ:

You can search auto recyclers online, they have nationwide searches that will try and find it. My Highlander had a bad master control on the drivers door, cost me $680.icon25.gif , they said it had a brain. I don't know about having a brain but thats a ridiculous amount of money for a window and door controller.