found 4 old reels in parents garage

Rate this topic

godzilla

I came across some old rods and reels in my parents garage. Was wondering if they are worth anything/worth restoring, and who to take them to. I live in Monmouth Co. They are:

1 Penn Surfmaster 200 with etchings on 1 side plate, and caramel colored handle-real good shape

1 Penn Seahawk no.42 with etchings, wooden handle knob, and linen line- ok shape with some greenish corrosion- does not have any anti-reverse.

1 Penn no.78 with green plastic handle knob-I assume it is reddish brown bakelite side plates -no anti-reverse

1 South Bend 750A spinning reel by Gladding Group-says made in USA-greeen-bail is very rusty

thanks for the expertise and opinions fellas

GDTRFB

• 5 years later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by godzilla View Post

I came across some old rods and reels in my parents garage. Was wondering if they are worth anything/worth restoring, and who to take them to. I live in Monmouth Co. They are:

1 Penn Surfmaster 200 with etchings on 1 side plate, and caramel colored handle-real good shape

1 Penn Seahawk no.42 with etchings, wooden handle knob, and linen line- ok shape with some greenish corrosion- does not have any anti-reverse.

1 Penn no.78 with green plastic handle knob-I assume it is reddish brown bakelite side plates -no anti-reverse

1 South Bend 750A spinning reel by Gladding Group-says made in USA-greeen-bail is very rusty

thanks for the expertise and opinions fellas

PM sent.