Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zim

Wierdest spinning reel

45 posts in this topic

Here's a red headed step child for ya'll to see.

This was a throw in I got awhile back with some other stuff I wanted, and

I think is another candidate for this fine thread -

Ladies and gentlemen, The Heddon convertible 245

Corners on the bail arm?

Fugly...

Here's an old Ru-Mere Atlantic from the 50's that I got from Lion1044 (hope its okay I showed this)smile.gif

Bailless, power handle made in France I may just use this in the Fall this year and see how it does.

View PostThis reel caught my wife's eye so she had to have it. Right side says Waltco "ny-o-lite" of duPont Nylon. Made in U.S.A.

Body, spool and gears are nylon; the only metal parts at the screws, main shaft and bail. There are no gaskets on the side plates. The white sliding clicker (Photo #1) also enages the anti-reverse. Possibly the first "all-nylon" reel made in the US. wink.gif

As told to us by the seller: Reel was a promotional gimmick for Dupont for the material from which the reel is made. 1960's vintage.

I have the same reel. I let the neighbors kids use it to catch bluegill.

IMG_0451.jpg

Here's another oldie but not so goodie. The St. Croix "fishing machine", not a spinning reel, but definately weird.

IMG_01981.jpg

View Post1953 Whirlaway, made by Great Lakes. The reel is housed in the ball end; to release the line, you swing the crank handle around to the back of the ball. Weird creature, but I loved it when I was a kid! Sorry I don't have a real picture of it, just a copy of the ad...

Have one like it, but another brand -- Shakespeare? I'll dig it out.

View PostZim my friend just picked up this same Ocean City at a garage sale.

$2.00. I love how deep and thin the spool is. It's a wonder you could even cast it for distance let alone the abrasive nature of line coming off that deep spool.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29447&d=1168

Find another one because if you show up for the cast-off again this year with your buddy Moocks, that's the reel you two have to use to even things out with me and Ed.

Olympic "Ultra 93"spinning reel.has factory drilled spool.Looks like it may have been a low end surf reel?pictured with a mitchell 402 to show size.given to me by an uncle.it is in remarkably nice condition.smile.gif

View PostHere's an old Ru-Mere Atlantic from the 50's that I got from Lion1044 (hope its okay I showed this)smile.gif

Bailless, power handle made in France I may just use this in the Fall this year and see how it does.

That thing is sweet

Dear People,

Excuseme first for my english! I am Spanish, and I am new user here. I found this forum in internet trying to find information about a historical reel.

I would like to post som pictures also of 2 of the reels, thjat I have right now home, maybe are some of the spanish reels more specials for you than me because the market.

Nice to be here people.

The secondone is a Sagarra, for me one of the best quality of historical reels, easy and cheap to find it in spain because was a Spanish company as you know.

I like to make a coleccion of this kind of pieces, also, if you are interested to exchange reels to make our coleccion bigger, I can get Sagrra reels really oft, and I can exchange it for models that are easy to find in your countries :)

Nice to meet you,

Ricardo