Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishsticking

Reasons why the Patriots can not win .........

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

9 pro bowlers versus 1 pro bowler (How can the poor Patriot ever compete against a team with such vastlt superior talent)

Merriman (sp) is human wrecking ball he will single handedly crush Brady making him into the next tutu wearing Patriot Quarterback. When asked the question in the future, the offensive lineman will hang their heads and just say Eason - Brady what's the difference?

LT - a superior runningback who can easily run right through you with his blazing speed and shifty moves. For fun he catches passes just so he does not have to make the offensive linemen and linebackers look so bad.

Gates - a superior tightend that has leaterrized magnets the way he seems to snatch the ball out of the air. Unstoppable I tell you the Patriot linebackers should just go to the oldage home now and save themselves the embarrassment of even showing up for the game.

Rivers - When Brady was young he only wished he could grow up to be the quarterback that Rivers has turned into. Rivers understands exactly the how potent the weapons are that he has at his disposal and distributes the ball fairly to keep everyone happy. Some are suggesting that Rivers may fold under the pressure of his first playoff game ............ I tell you that he is a winner, in 5 college bowl games he has won them all, been the MVP of at least 4 of them! He will not fold, he will stand tall and laugh at the Patriots as they stand there in awe of his talent.

Someone anyone, just a glimmer of hope ............ Please! How can the Patriots possibly beat the Chargers?

[ only suggestions that do not contain use of automatic weapons should be posted]

[if you can not think of a reason the Patriots can somehow win, please feel free to post about the hopeless situation the PAtriots find themselves in this coming weekend wink.gif ]

I'm not going to 'diss' Rivers as a quarterback. However, I don't think Brady wishes he was anybody else...especially a rookie. If anything, young quarterbacks probably study Brady to see how they can more closely emulate him.

The Patriots can win this game. They have to control LT and their fate lies on that. But if the game is close, I like Brady's chances better. If Rivers steps up to the plate and shows some grit...terrific, he'll deserve all the props. However, he hasn't done anything....yet.

Lastly, I have a lot of faith in Bill Belichick putting together a strong defensive game plan that will slow down the Charger attack. But we'll see this weekend....until then, it's all just talk.

FS how many SB's have the Chargers won? The only serious problem the PATS have is LT and Teddy has been saving himself for this game so I see LT seeing the turf alot more than he is used to. Bring it on , bring it on

The Pats are doomed! Just ask the media! Might as well book plane tickets for the off season which starts around 7:30 p.m. Sunday for this hapless bunch of losers!cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif

I really hope marty wins it all(unless of course we play them), but I sense trouble in chargerland this weekend. 5-12 in the playoffs isnt exactly a stellar record.

U may think it's sarcasm, but in reality it's not far from the truth. wink.gif

I missed the sarcasm the first time around....but in honor of you, my previous post stands....wink.gif

9 pro bowlers versus 1 pro bowler

Merriman (sp) is human wrecking ball he will single handedly crush Brady making him into the next tutu wearing Patriot Quarterback.

LT - a superior runningback who can easily run right through you with his blazing speed and shifty moves. .

Gates - a superior tightend that has leaterrized magnets the way he seems to snatch the ball out of the air. .

Rivers - When Brady was young he only wished he could grow up to be the quarterback that Rivers has turned into.

[ only suggestions that do not contain use of automatic weapons should be posted]

[if you can not think of a reason the Patriots can somehow win, please feel free to post about the hopeless situation the PAtriots find themselves in this coming weekend wink.gif ]

Okay.. well first off, anyone who begins their arguement with referals to the Pro Bowl selection looses all validity of their argurment right off the bat. I will however, grant you with responses to your other "media popular topics" even thought they have been jammed down everyone's throats, including mine this week.

Merriman- True.. he is an amazing LB and loves to blitz.. but wasn't everyone saying the same thing about Joey Porter in both Afc Championship games that the Pats played agains "Blitzburgh?" If my memory suits me right, I do belive that Tom Brady was able to make the correct adjustments before the snap and the O-Line was able to pick up the blitzes. Just adding to this, San Diego has allowed teams to score 58% of the time inside the red zone. Where was Lights Out on those plays?

LT- Tough arguement here. However, if the pats are able to contain the line of scrimmage and the d-backs remember to wrap tackle instead of diving at him, they should be okay. LT should have a decent game, and the pats need to contain him possibly with a LB spy depending on where he lines up.. but if they are able to keep LT inside, this will allow the LB's and DB's to cover the receivers on the outside, thus creating Rivers to force passes.(see below)

Gates-Hit em off the line. Do not allow him to float into the middle 8-10 yards off the LofS without being touched. You give him a good wack and stand him up, and all of a sudden his pass route is off and Rivers timing is off. Maybe even uses a Zone Spy set up with two players, one on LT and one on Gates. But the main thing is the Pats have to be physical in the middle and remind SD that they are not playing the Raiders for the third time.

Rivers-First of all, why would Brady ever want to be someone else? I mean outside of his 3 SB rings, the guy gets laid like a rug. I could end it there, but will not. Once the pats start forcing SD into 3rd and 7 situations, Rivers will be forced to throw. You don't think that the pats have something in the works for this? You will see formations that you have never seen before. Last week, on Samual's interception, you could see how he had tricked Pennigton into thinking that the Pats had blown the coverage... Chad put the ball in the air and Asante turned around and caught it with ease. Rivers will fall for the same trap and make mistakes based on his inexperience and the fact that he is up against some of the greatest defensive minds out there (on the field and sidelines). Rivers is not the next Joe Montana and has failed to prove so. He has some great numbers, but against who???

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

The Pats will win.

Sure hope the Pats win. biggrin.gif

the pats cannot win because merrimen impales brady with his pointed head during a blitz

Image00013971

I bet you that guy gets carried off on a stretcher by the second quarter...